Serie A 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronaldo becoming less effective, this will be his last season in one of the top Leagues, Portugal or France next season. Rochdale the season after.

Ronaldo becoming less effective, this will be his last season in one of the top Leagues, Portugal or France next season. Rochdale the season after.

Yeah, I think so too.
As for our defence we're definitely missing Chiello, we knew he'd be injured at some point in the season but we didn't expect it to be so soon and so bad. I'm sorry for him, too. I hope Demiral will step into his shoes. The future of our defence will hopefully be De Ligt-Demiral.
And I finally experienced that famous emotion of a Koulibaly goal at the 90th minute of a Juve-Napoli. All the jeering Napolisti that held onto that one 2018 goal for almost two seasons have been stripped of that joy too :)

Just back to our apartment after the Roma v AC Milan game.

Thoroughly enjoyable experience, great to see Edin & Alex back in action, though the standard of football was poor.

Cracking atmosphere, sat by the Milan fans who sold out their allocation, which considering the distance and KO time (1800) + live on TV was most impressive.

The fact you can drink in your seat, roll and smoke a spliff (not me) certainly enhances the match day experience. My teenage sons absolutely loved it.

One more night in Rome, then catching the train down to Naples for the Napoli v Atalanta game on Wednesday. Fingers crossed the atmosphere is as good as tonight's.

I have been to a couple of Napoli games (admittedly mid-90s) and the atmosphere was unreal, almost anarchic, unlike anything I've ever experienced here.

Its a tatty bowl of a stadium, back then people were getting tickets for the ends and climbing into the dearer sections, no stewards at all and I witnessed one urchin pinching a bloke's season ticket out of his pocket with very long tweezers as they walked past. He saw me looking, smiled and winked, then disappeared.

Crazy city, crazy football. Maradona was truly at home in Naples.

Great night of football at the San Paolo where it ended 2-2 between Napoli and Atalanta. VAR controversy at the end when Atalanta equalised, Napoli thought they should have had a penalty before Atalanta broke away to score.
Speaking to Napoli fans after, like us Blue's, they feel they are always on the end of bad VAR calls.

Stand out player for me was the Atalanta 10 Gomez, great little player.

Enjoyed the atmosphere, would have been better I'm sure if Atalanta had brought more than a handful that travelled.

Prefered the Olympic Stadium to the San Paolo and the Roma supporters to Napoli's. Overall its been a great experience, and will try and get back to Roma next season for the Lazio or Napoli game.

Last edited:
I would never have thought after 10 games, Hellas Verona would have the best defensive record, quite amazing really.

Their new coach Juric, has got them organised a lot better this season, hopefully they can remain in Serie A this time around.

Pretty much impossible.

No club in Portugal or France can afford his wages except for PSG. PSG won't buy him at his age and if he is declining enough for Juve to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.