Serie A Thread - 2023/24

Big win for Atalanta. The better team overall. Was a really good game. I know what the scores are for the Arsenal game but I am not going to watch.

Palermo of the CFG got a commendable 3-3 draw at leaders Parma in Serie B. Some fantastic strikes, two by Brunori, and exciting finale, but Palermo will be kicking themselves having been two clear going into injury time.

Niggly game between Roma and Napoli, the latter down to 10 after a little kick out.

Can still see Napoli winning this on the counter, but Mourinho will probably manage to shithouse a 1-0 win.

Genoa game paused. Pitch covered in smoke. Been like 10+ mins now. Has a game ever been called off for such before?

Game carried on but I was just wondering

Genoa game paused. Pitch covered in smoke. Been like 10+ mins now. Has a game ever been called off for such before?

Game carried on but I was just wondering
Groningen against Ajax was abandoned last year on account of smoke bombs, but that owed more to the KNVB’s stricter measures on items thrown into the surface than any smog. Indeed, given how woeful Groningen were last season, anything that saved people witnessing what was before them was probably a blessing. The Champions League QF in 2005 between the Milanese ended similarly, and I think an Italian international fixture with Serbia suffered a similar fate.

Groningen against Ajax was abandoned last year on account of smoke bombs, but that owed more to the KNVB’s stricter measures on items thrown into the surface than any smog. Indeed, given how woeful Groningen were last season, anything that saved people witnessing what was before them was probably a blessing. The Champions League QF in 2005 between the Milanese ended similarly, and I think an Italian international fixture with Serbia suffered a similar fate.
Cheers for that. I slightly remembered the Groningen one.

Well, thankfully this game carried on but I’m wondering how long Genoa can hold on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.