Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

The Fat el Hombre said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.

Fucking hell anyone would think we're mid table. We're 4th in the league, 2 points ahead of spurs
Like last season.

Which resulted in option 1.

If we sack Mancini, Balotelli will also be gone. He won't want to stay at the club if Mancini is axed.

r.soleofsalford said:
top 4 this year or go at the end of the season

my problem with the previous manager was, despite all the money he had to spend. he didnt resolve the fullback problem. either left or right.

bob has tried to rectify this problem area with the purchase of kolarov and boateng, time will tell if this is the solution.

what i cant get my head round, especially with bob being a quality striker himself, is our shortage of goals. whether this is caused through injury to balotelli or the team not being set up as adventurous as we the fans would i not sure.

what i am sure of this 25 man rule came at the wrong time for us .

excellent last point, which creates further problems as we've already seen in our cup game.

I'd also say the big difference between "obviously" is "improvement".

Bluemoon115 said:
Skashion said:
Now you're just being silly.
At this point last season we were 4th.

The manager had gone by Christmas.

There is no opinion there. Just a stat and a fact.

You'll have to explain how that is silly.
1. He wasn't sacked after we were 4th after 10 games. He was sacked after 17 games which included eight consecutive Premier League draws and a full season before it in which he finished lower down than Sven and with less points.
2. Hughes wasn't appointed under the current ownership.
3. Mancini hasn't had the time that Hughes had. Hughes had 55 league games. Mancini, if he's sacked by Christmas will have had less than 40.
4. Mancini hasn't had anywhere near as much as time with his signings. He only signed Johno and Vieira in January, Balotelli's only just made it back and Kolarov still isn't back.

Comparing them as if they were like for like is definitely silly.

Skashion said:
Bluemoon115 said:
At this point last season we were 4th.

The manager had gone by Christmas.

There is no opinion there. Just a stat and a fact.

You'll have to explain how that is silly.
1. He wasn't sacked after we were 4th after 10 games. He was sacked after 17 games which included eight consecutive Premier League draws and a full season before it in which he finished lower down than the Sven and with less points.
2. Hughes wasn't appointed under the current ownership.
3. Mancini hasn't had the time that Hughes had. Hughes had 55 league games. Mancini, if he's sacked by Christmas will have had less than 40.
4. Mancini hasn't had anywhere near as much as time with his signings. He only signed Johno and Vieira in January, Balotelli's only just made it back and Kolarov still isn't back.

Comparing them as if they were like for like is definitely silly.
1) I wasn't saying he was. My point was that just because we are 4th now, doesn't mean we always will be. We can slip into an untenable position.
2) I don't think Mancini should be sacked. I just think there needs to be a huge improvement.
3) As above, he shouldn't be sacked. But that being said, here are a lot of posters who wanted Hughes out after less games who are saying that Mancini hasn't had enough time.
4) It's a fair point. But Hughes suffered plenty of injuries also, and it didn't save him.

I wasn't comparing like for like, just pointing out that, like you say, a position held after 10 games means nothing after 17 games.

Ducado said:
Danamy said:
I apologise for stating the fucking obvious!!

Being a mod on here has it's advantages, now get the F off here, we know who you are and you are taking the piss,

I expect a full public apology when it's proved that you can't do your job properly and it comes out that your 100% wrong!!

There is only one place up for grabs in the top 4 and that is between us Spuds n Everton,by now we should of put some serious daylight between us and them, my fear is then the powers that be see this and take a knee jerk reaction.

bigmal said:
There is only one place up for grabs in the top 4 and that is between us Spuds n Everton,by now we should of put some serious daylight between us and them, my fear is then the powers that be see this and take a knee jerk reaction.

Everton and Spurs have fairly settled squads, we are just getting to know each other. Yaya, Milner, Boateng ,Silva, Balotelli are all bedding in. Kolarov has not played, well only 45 mins.

So the fact we are ahead of both these rivals is a good thing at this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.