Serious question about Mancini - serious answers only please

End of season for me..
If we win a trophy and get fourth hen he stays, fourth alone he stays too but anything lower than this then questions should be asked. Fourth is the aim, a trophy is a bonus.

DD said:
Whilst I don't want to fall into the 'by Christmas' camp, I think a lot of people underestimate the absolute necessity for this club to make the Champions League this season.

Can we afford to take the risk on not getting there by carrying on with a manager who has clearly lost all control of his players?

I want to give him the chance but I am genuinely frightened about the possibilities if we don't make that breakthrough this year.

Our entire future could be in this one man's hands. The question is, do we trust him? The other question is, when you have such a huge gap between wages of players, could anyone else do any better?

I'm seriously believing this club has got itself into a mess that it is going to be very difficult to get out of.

Everything is under control. There is no panic, all the signs are great. The people in charge are all happy and confident.

CTID Chris said:
DD said:
Whilst I don't want to fall into the 'by Christmas' camp, I think a lot of people underestimate the absolute necessity for this club to make the Champions League this season.

Can we afford to take the risk on not getting there by carrying on with a manager who has clearly lost all control of his players?

I want to give him the chance but I am genuinely frightened about the possibilities if we don't make that breakthrough this year.

Our entire future could be in this one man's hands. The question is, do we trust him? The other question is, when you have such a huge gap between wages of players, could anyone else do any better?

I'm seriously believing this club has got itself into a mess that it is going to be very difficult to get out of.

Everything is under control. There is no panic, all the signs are great. The people in charge are all happy and confident.

Is it? Says who?

Do you believe we have a happy, committed squad of players who would all die for each other?

I'm telling you now, the signs are not great and we ignore the real signs at our peril.

This isn't fantasy football, or the Harlem Globetrotters. We have the players but we do not have the team. Something needs sorting out and quickly before our dreams evaporate before our eyes.

Mancini won't be going anywhere until everything is in place to allow a smooth transition between managers. We got caught out with the Hughes sacking with the disruption causing problems in a lot of areas - we need staff who work for the club, not the manager.
We haven't yet got everything in place for that.

Marwood said it himself a couple of weeks ago: “In the old days, when the manager went, the whole club changed. What we’ve tried to do is get excellence in all areas so if the manager does go, the whole thing doesn’t just collapse.’’

DD said:
CTID Chris said:

Is it? Says who?

Do you believe we have a happy, committed squad of players who would all die for each other?

I'm telling you now, the signs are not great and we ignore the real signs at our peril.

This isn't fantasy football, or the Harlem Globetrotters. We have the players but we do not have the team. Something needs sorting out and quickly before our dreams evaporate before our eyes.
You said that the target was 4th, so we're on target then. And the team will come together in time. The team has shown time and time again that the spirit is there. Utd have fallen short in many games and they've been together for many years.

Surely we are better placed than any other Club to know that sacking managers simply doesn't work.

Get behind the man and support him

Interstate 5 said:
Mancini won't be going anywhere until everything is in place to allow a smooth transition between managers. We got caught out with the Hughes sacking with the disruption causing problems in a lot of areas - we need staff who work for the club, not the manager.
We haven't yet got everything in place for that.

Marwood said it himself a couple of weeks ago: “In the old days, when the manager went, the whole club changed. What we’ve tried to do is get excellence in all areas so if the manager does go, the whole thing doesn’t just collapse.’’
I saw that,it seems to have been missed by a lot of people but while being prudent it would no doubt send a chill down some peoples spine.

Marvin said:
DD said:
Is it? Says who?

You said that the target was 4th, so we're on target then. And the team will come together in time. The team has shown time and time again that the spirit is there. Utd have fallen short in many games and they've been together for many years.

We're on target assuming West Brom don't win at Blackpool! :)

The team has also showed time and time again that the spirit isn't there too. It's alright all trying their bollocks off against Chelsea but they don't show that togetherness on the road at the lesser lights. It's not showing when players are having spats on the pitch and in the tunnel. And it certainly doesn't show when any team who plays it tough knows they can get a result because we only have the stomach for a fight when it's a game we think should be tough. If we think they should be easy-beats and they don't lie down for us, our boys can't take it. Collectively, they just seem to think it's beneath them to do a physical shift against all bar the big three.

The team has had quite a while to get together now. Contrary to belief, it does not take a team a bloody year to gel. Mancini himself said that he expected it to be October before we saw us at our best. We are now at the end of October having witnessed two good performances all season.

United have tons of what we don't, passion, commitment and a huge desire to win football games. They don't take their ball home when a team gets stuck in and in their faces.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Despite the fact I (and a lot of other City fans) have no confidence in Mancini, I have said he needs two seasons before we can really be sure he's not the right manager.

We hear the refrain "The team is gelling" from people defending him (and I accept there may be something in that) but if we carry on playing games like todays, when are people going to accept his time is up?

1) Xmas?
2) End of the season?
3) Next Xmas?
4) End of next season?

I want a serious discussion please.

Well as someone who had absolutely no confidence in Hughes the answer for me is at least four months after all the shite that Hughes bought is disposed of and replacements brought in.

Admitedly Calos is top quality but not much else is asside from Bellermy - but his kness have gone and he is so disruptive behind the scenes (4 previous managers can't be wrong) that it simply wasn't worth keeping him. Barry looked good for a while but he is just so slow at the moment - I think Vila are laughing all the way to the bank having disposed of him at the optimum time.

As to the rest. Garbage for teh most part. RSC will be gone in January. hopefully Adebayor too. Maybe even Joleon who is making noises about returning to Wolves. That Leaves Bridge to be replaced and a decent centre half brought in to replace Joleon (and probably Kolo - though Kolo possibly could do a good job at right back).

So next summer - if Mancini can get the players he wants for Jan - we should be starting to shape up and if we are all the rest of the following season.

Sir Fungus had 5 years before he brought back the championship to the swamp and he could buy everone he wanted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.