Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Skashion said:
BlueAnorak said:
This is actually good for us should we actually fail to qualify for the CL.
No, it is incidental. UEFA rules require a much lower amount so it means nothing for us.
Never mind us, what about the dreams of fans of other clubs?
That's their problem. They voted for it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Their fans didn't!

Well they have been shafted by their owners who are only interested in lining their pockets. And they say our owners are ruining football....

Chelsea voted as they don't have the commercial revenue to compete with Man U etc.

There in the loop and Roman does not want to invest heavily again I suppose.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Their fans didn't!
Would you want Arsenal and Liverpool fans having a say in what we could spend? The thought makes me shudder.

RandomJ said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Their fans didn't!

Well they have been shafted by their owners who are only interested in lining their pockets. And they say our owners are ruining football....
Who says? The media? Was in the midlands recently and their attitudes changed since we've been taken over. Initially hostile, all I got was I hope you win the league again this year and stop the scum from winning it. And we've been shafted by our owners plenty in the past, it wasn't right for us and it isn't right for anyone else.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:11 am --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Their fans didn't!
Would you want Arsenal and Liverpool fans having a say in what we could spend? The thought makes me shudder.
Forward with Franny, I take it. Don't make me shit.

blingy said:
BlueAnorak said:
In short - no worries for City whatsoever.
Am I happy that the ladder has been pulled up to prevent other clubs fans living the dream. YES you bet your life I am.

This Not a personal dig at you pal,
That’s the kind of comment / opinion id expect from rag cafe,,,,
Not much difference from that to " lets stop everyone else spending so we can win it every year, I’m ok jack fk you "!
Surprised blues have that opinion, maybe my age...
Each to their own i guess..
Without wishing to speak on behalf of anyone and I also don't agree with the sentiment per sé, I can understand from one point why people might think that.

Ever since we stopped being "ickle old Siddy", everyone's favourite basket case and sporting joke, mountains have been moved to address so called problems in the game. These problems come down to one overriding issue and that is "how to protect the current cartel". Chairmen have agreed to implement rules that will ultimately harm their clubs rather than help them, as is eloquently spelled out in various posts.

If people are that scared of the big, bad bogey man "Sheek of Arabee" coming to plunder their villages and take their women folk (despite it being patently clear that is not our fantastic owner's modus operandi) they are prepared to cut off their noses to spite their faces, you can well understand why some could come to that conclusion.

The negativity and opprobrium from Napoleon, UEFA apparatchiks, owners of Italian teams, a former Italian Prime Minister, chief execs and owners of Bundesliga teams, owners and managers of La Liga teams, owners/execs/board members and managers of other Premier League Clubs, other clubs' fans, sporting television pundits and the media in general at everything Manchester City Football Club set about doing is absolutely staggering, shameful, disgusting and borderline slanderous.

Let's look at things objectively. A football club has been purchased by a wealthy person. This purchase has created such shock waves through the game the authorities are seeing fit to change the rules. It is couched in terms of preventing a Leeds/Pompey type catastrophe yet it in no way address one of the biggest threats to any business - debt.

Further, they feel so threatened, they wash their hands of two of the three real issues in the game - racism and violence - by stating it is beyond their control and can do nothing about it. So for those two huge issues rather than take action or legislate they take the ostrich approach.

The third biggest threat is match fixing. The recent report investigating the potential fixing of over 400 matches should worry the authorities far more than a rich man buying a football club. Are they doing anything about that? Not yet. They are hiding behind "results of investigations", yet they saw fit to act immediately a rich man bought a football club.

If they want a warning how things could pan out, they would do well to look at horse racing. Hugely marketable and popular product that suffered significantly through a period of blatant corruption. People walked away from the sport, attendances dwindled. The future for football is writ large in racing's past. However racing saw the light and embraced investment from the Middle East and now attendances are up, the industry is healthier and less corrupt (note I said less!) and events like Cheltenham, the National and the Derby, whilst always popular are even more so now.

The attacks on City, thinly veiled or otherwise, have been going on from day 1 and I'm getting to the point where I think "why on earth should I give a fuck about anything other then ensuring City are ok through all this?"

It's getting to the point where anyone who votes to deny the fans of their club the opportunity to be able to compete by voting for mediocrity and obscurity deserves all they get.

blingy said:
BlueAnorak said:
In short - no worries for City whatsoever.
Am I happy that the ladder has been pulled up to prevent other clubs fans living the dream. YES you bet your life I am.

This Not a personal dig at you pal,
That’s the kind of comment / opinion id expect from rag cafe,,,,
Not much difference from that to " lets stop everyone else spending so we can win it every year, I’m ok jack fk you "!
Surprised blues have that opinion, maybe my age...
Each to their own i guess..

Opps...
I meant to SAY:
NO! I AM NOT HAPPY.

faux pas with double negatives. Sorry...

Does anyone suspect the Yank owners would want to kill off clubs in the Prem long-term, resulting in currently the strongest tv audience sporting league becoming crushed.
With the UK audience turning off Football and going towards more American sports that many owners have been (or still are) involved with?

I'm completely against this. club owners such as Kenwright voting for it are just greedy and in it for themselves.

This decreases competition even more and makes me less interested in the game.

Any form of transfer fee's should be scrapped completely with salary capping across the whole of FIFA/UEFA
With a Roster system.

That's true financial fair play.

What sport for me? hmm...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.