Serious question relating to us and FFP(update P17)

Tevez City said:
MSP said:
It is definitely close to being completely not important for City. City are in and that won't change.

It is an ultimate example of hypocrisy, even more from those ***** from Stamford Bridge than from usual ***** Rags and Arsenal.

Loads of clubs can forget to ever a dream of challenging for title now and yet their fans are probably happy this happened. Dumb *****, lol

Then why City vote against it ?

Because they would be seen as hypocrites if they did. Just like Chelsea are seen by me. Proper twats.

I'm surprised that the Yank owners haven't voted for NFL style non gate money income sharing. That would be fair.
Oh...

strongbowholic said:
blingy said:
BlueAnorak said:
In short - no worries for City whatsoever.
Am I happy that the ladder has been pulled up to prevent other clubs fans living the dream. YES you bet your life I am.

This Not a personal dig at you pal,
That’s the kind of comment / opinion id expect from rag cafe,,,,
Not much difference from that to " lets stop everyone else spending so we can win it every year, I’m ok jack fk you "!
Surprised blues have that opinion, maybe my age...
Each to their own i guess..
Without wishing to speak on behalf of anyone and I also don't agree with the sentiment per sé, I can understand from one point why people might think that.

Ever since we stopped being "ickle old Siddy", everyone's favourite basket case and sporting joke, mountains have been moved to address so called problems in the game. These problems come down to one overriding issue and that is "how to protect the current cartel". Chairmen have agreed to implement rules that will ultimately harm their clubs rather than help them, as is eloquently spelled out in various posts.

If people are that scared of the big, bad bogey man "Sheek of Arabee" coming to plunder their villages and take their women folk (despite it being patently clear that is not our fantastic owner's modus operandi) they are prepared to cut off their noses to spite their faces, you can well understand why some could come to that conclusion.

The negativity and opprobrium from Napoleon, UEFA apparatchiks, owners of Italian teams, a former Italian Prime Minister, chief execs and owners of Bundesliga teams, owners and managers of La Liga teams, owners/execs/board members and managers of other Premier League Clubs, other clubs' fans, sporting television pundits and the media in general at everything Manchester City Football Club set about doing is absolutely staggering, shameful, disgusting and borderline slanderous.

Let's look at things objectively. A football club has been purchased by a wealthy person. This purchase has created such shock waves through the game the authorities are seeing fit to change the rules. It is couched in terms of preventing a Leeds/Pompey type catastrophe yet it in no way address one of the biggest threats to any business - debt.

Further, they feel so threatened, they wash their hands of two of the three real issues in the game - racism and violence - by stating it is beyond their control and can do nothing about it. So for those two huge issues rather than take action or legislate they take the ostrich approach.

The third biggest threat is match fixing. The recent report investigating the potential fixing of over 400 matches should worry the authorities far more than a rich man buying a football club. Are they doing anything about that? Not yet. They are hiding behind "results of investigations", yet they saw fit to act immediately a rich man bought a football club.

If they want a warning how things could pan out, they would do well to look at horse racing. Hugely marketable and popular product that suffered significantly through a period of blatant corruption. People walked away from the sport, attendances dwindled. The future for football is writ large in racing's past. However racing saw the light and embraced investment from the Middle East and now attendances are up, the industry is healthier and less corrupt (note I said less!) and events like Cheltenham, the National and the Derby, whilst always popular are even more so now.

The attacks on City, thinly veiled or otherwise, have been going on from day 1 and I'm getting to the point where I think "why on earth should I give a fuck about anything other then ensuring City are ok through all this?"

It's getting to the point where anyone who votes to deny the fans of their club the opportunity to be able to compete by voting for mediocrity and obscurity deserves all they get.
Great post Mr Bow.

Whilst I have concerns for the wider game my main priority in football is, and always will be, City by a country mile.

There is also a part of me that is mischievously casting an eye to the not too distant future when supporters of clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool, who are doubtless seeing this move as a means to restore them to their rightful place at the top table, eventually come to realise that, if anything, these measures further cement our position at the pinnacle of the English game.

Just had a look behind enemy lines on Rag Cafe to see what they are saying on the same subject and all they can talk about is City which is evidence in itself FFP is all about City and they refer to us a "Sugar Daddy Club."

Stood in The South Stand said:
Just had a look behind enemy lines on Rag Cafe to see what they are saying on the same subject and all they can talk about is City which is evidence in itself FFP is all about City and they refer to us a "Sugar Daddy Club."

Coming from the club that wouldn't even exist if not for a sugar daddy, that's rich. But for most of them their knowledge of pre-1992 United events is pretty much "air crash, Busby Babes, Charlton, Best, Law."

The Guardian said:
The Premier League says clubs will not be seeking ways to evade the rules because they themselves have introduced them. But this rule builds in an incentive to raise ticket prices – at a time when there is an almighty outcry about the high cost of supporting football.

There lies the missed opportunity. These rules do something to restrain overspending, although it is notable they are aimed at a Manchester City project, which at least sees money going in, rather than the Glazers' milking of Manchester United for £550m to pay the interest and costs of their own takeover. This has been pushed for by the American owners of United, Arsenal and Liverpool, who bought English clubs as investments, and have no intention of spending money on them.

'bout sums it up!

Smaller clubs have slit their own throats and now it is THE EXACT SAME TOP 6 FOREVER!

With reference the TV Money going up by such enormous sums any minute now, would anybody put it past David Gill to have had quiet words behind closed doors with the smaller clubs saying vote for this and pretty soon we will see you all right with more changes ending three up, three down?

Don't know why but this sort of thing makes me thing I dislike so much about football right now. Anything outside of City irritates me at the moment.

Not really worried about this having any effect on us, the European version is already much more harsh, we'll much more likely match that one first. It just irritates me that this has nothing to do with 'fair play' or keeping clubs sustainable, it just seems to be aimed at keeping those at the top where they are. Only chance other clubs have of winning the league these days is to get a rich owner, they're just taking that way from themselves.

Heard something about points being deducted if teams fail this test.
Will they deduct them at the start/end of the season or on a game by game basis ?
Whichever club gets points deducted or even the threat of it will be running to the high court claiming restraint of trade.
In my opinion FFP is dead in the water and has been since the Qatar takeover of PSG.
You can't have one rule for Europe and different rules for us . . . Didn't somebody say this to David Cameron last month ? . . I think he was French too .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.