Seriously though, who had honestly ever heard of Akanji?

I think most knew of him but never considered him an option.

However makes a perfect point that theres always plenty of other options out there

He has impressed me a lot since he joined so much so that I included him in the team in the rags pre match thread ahead of Dias.

Me.

I’d never heard of Dias or Rodri neither.

And I’d seen Cancelo play once before we signed him but wouldn’t have been able to point him out if really pressed.

When we were signing Dias, the lad I had in mind was that short Uruguayan defender for some reason. When he turned up against Leeds I thought “who the fuck’s that?”

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a feeling that Alfie's lad just played a simple game to keep his price down!!
Dias mainly pocketed him in those two games. But there was one little glimpse with one move where Haaland outmuscled and outpaced him where I thought “OH…!”

Wasn't anything special at Dortmund. I'm really surprised at how good he's been, he's also checking behind him when teams attack us he never did that at Dortmund would always lose the runner. Peps probably been coaching him about that. That's the only thing at Dortmund that didn't make him a world class defender was little mistakes where he didn't track the runner. Or little mistakes when on the ball. So far it looks like Pep has taken those mistakes out of his game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.