Seriously...what are we doing?

It's clear that there are a section of fans who over the years have become conditioned to failure and don't know how to relax and enjoy our new found success. We all have to learn how to enjoy this to a greater or lesser degree but some are coping with the change better than others. I fear that there will be a number who will be more disappointed if we don't win the prem than when we have been relegated in the past. It's a brave new world for us all and I'm loving it with a controlled optimism that allows me to appreciate the football without the need for big wins every game. Frankly I would be satisfied with 4th this season but I think we will do much better than that.

Damocles said:
I know that most on here are long term City fans. I know that an awful lot on here were born post 1976 and the greatest thing that we have seen City do is win the First Division.

Today, we went away from home, and battered another team, putting us joint top of the league in December. Added to this, we have the best run coming up, a manager who has won trophies everywhere he has ever been, easily the most singularly talented squad in the Premiership, unlimited funds, a community service that was that good that we made it the front of the 2018 bid and an office team that is the envy of many, with communication to the fans seen as the most important thing.

In my lifetime, this is the greatest period in our history, and we are spending it sniping at each other on the forums. Just for once, for a change, can we not declare a truce and bask in the magnificence that is our club? This club belongs to all of us, and our hearts should be swimming at the moment.

Things are on the up boys and girls. Let's try to celebrate it

on behalf of GetUpKid - "Don't Start"

Brilliant post..... I have been reading this forum like others a lot longer than actually contributing. Some of the stuff on here sometimes makes me wonder what people actually want from our club.
I was born in '77 and followed City from the moment i knew what football was. I lived in OT from 3 and went to school in Stretford. During the time when Rags started dominating football. Still this never got me down, 'i was City' and the one thing i had going for me was we were loyal and stood by our team even when we were shite. Since our recent windfall, some of our fans have just completely tore up what we are all about and spout utter shit whenever they get the chance.
We are in a fantastic position, we have THE best squad in the country, got the best financial set up, got one of THE best managers in Europe, and on top of that we still have THE best fans in the world.
Let's forget all the bitching at fellow blues and get behind OUR team.
I firmly believe we will have more bad days this season, it's expected but make no bones about it........ We are on the verge of Success.
Lets all stick together, f*ck the rest of the footballing/media world as we'll be celebrating soon!!

At last, take a bow. It doesnt get better than this. I think we will go through December without dropping any points, thus at the begining of the New Year sitting pretty at the top. Feel proud, feel Blue. We should all be smiling like the cat that got the cream.

Apart from the wonderful progress on the field- for which our manager must take great credit amid often outrageous media pressure and at a time when his father is gravely ill - one thing which really brought home how much of a class act the people now running our club are was their support this week for the Neil Young red and black day at Leicester.
To support a club legend, cancer charities and a supporter-led campaign through scarves in exchange for donations shows they listen and they care.
When you see the antics at Newcastle this week, or the sorry state today's opponents findthemselves in, you realise how blessed we are to have our honourable, dignified, savvy, competent, respecful, humble and generous owners.

True Gooner said:
you lot are slow. TEVEZ I QUIT!!!!!!!
Not slow, dickhead, just not that bothered.
Maybe we'll just buy Fabregas or Nasri to replace him. And we could. And there is nothing you could do about it.
Now jog on you sad shitehawk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.