Setting ourselves up differently (merged)

Re: Setting ourselves up differently

Can people please stop talking about Adam Johnson like he was the messiah he was fucking WANK and bar the odd goal when we were already 4-0 at home it was like playing with the invisible man.

We are playing virtually the exact same system as last season. The strikers ARE the problem, nothing to do with width, pace or any other bollocks.

We are creating plenty of chances every single game, it is simply the fact that Aguero, Tevez and the rest are ALL going through a shitty patch and they need a rocket up their arses because they are costing us points BIG TIME.

I think some people want there to be something else that's the problem, there isn't!!! It's very simple, none of the strikers have got close to their levels of last season. Bollock the lot of them and if they don't shape up ASAP then sign 2 in Jan and ship 2 of the useless bastards out and drop the rest.

celticfc482 said:
Mancini tactically is a fairly poor manager imo, He has a system and he uses it every game, does not change to accommodate different types of games. Sometimes its fine to stick with it if you are playing well and everyone is on form but at the moment its predictable, trying to play through teams with little width. Fast wingers are necessary in some games in the premier league, teams needs to be stretched otherwise defences will be packed. Benitez did this straight away at chelsea, instead of playing the way other managers did with Hazard - Oscar - Mata who are all playmakers and like to be more central, he took one of them out and put moses in even though he may not be better than the other 3. He gives width, direct running and pace which balances the attack more. We do not have that at the moment adding to the fact the strikers can't score many if at all. Until Mancini starts to progress with his tactics and think of new ways to improve the team then teams will stay as they are packing defences making it hard to score.
yes tactically he is useless, thats why he has won silver in every year of management

Berkovic_blue said:
We are playing virtually the exact same system as last season. The strikers ARE the problem, nothing to do with width, pace or any other bollocks.

We are creating plenty of chances every single game, it is simply the fact that Aguero, Tevez and the rest are ALL going through a shitty patch and they need a rocket up their arses because they are costing us points BIG TIME.

I think some people want there to be something else that's the problem, there isn't!!! It's very simple, none of the strikers have got close to their levels of last season. Bollock the lot of them and if they don't shape up ASAP then sign 2 in Jan and ship 2 of the useless bastards out and drop the rest.

Well , well, well... I never knew it was as SIMPLE as that, but now you argue so cogently, what can I say ???

Blueroses said:
Mancini needs to change his style ie introduce fast wingers into our game as it is key to breaking down teams like sunderland and reading like last week defending all day long.
We can stretch the game and we struggled for being too narrow in the prem and the champs league.

Why do we need to change our style, the very same style that won us the league. Richards and clichy fit and we have our width.

the only reason we arent winning is that our strikers arent scoring

city91 said:
------------------ Hart --------------------
--------- Kolo --- Komps --- Nasty --------
Maicon ------------------------------ Clichy
-------------- Milner ---- Barry ------------
--------------------- Silva -----------------
--------------- Tevez ----- Balotelli --------

This way Silva gets a free role, it allows tevez to roam and Balo lead the line. Also Milner and Barry can offer protection to the back four.

It's a back 3 or a back 5 but it's certainly not a back 4 :)

Could really do with width. Weve adopted barcas tickey tackey. But we lack pace and a cutting edge. Go for a bale or hulk. Hulk unhappy at zenit. And bale would cost a bomb. But if we ship out not so super mario and dzeko (coz he useless) cash in on them two ... that shold balance a move for bale or hulk

Blueband Brother said:
CONCERNING ADAM JOHNSON.
I have mentioned earlier in a previous post that we are suffereing because of our unwise dealings in the transfer window.

Adam Johnson is a player that was and i dare say sis still underrated and disrespected by mancini, the media and some of us fans

He decided that he needed to leave to play regular football- this is unfortunate because he could not see the bigger picture ( playing for a team with real prospects, made 100+ apps for mancity over the two year tenure and with the manager rotation policy, i believe adam johnson would have been an integral player, a game changer that could have made a difference in tight games and perhaps might have eventually siezed a starting berth for himself. All he needed was a wee bit of patience and perseverance.

I really think he made a bad career decison and mancity and mancini, unwisely i might add,did not make any sound effort to keep him.

In conclusion, i can say to complete confidence that we WOULD HAVE BEEN TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT THE MOMENT IF WE DID NOT SELL ADAM JOHNSON (and also de jong for his spirit and leadership and i think the team have lost some of that with de jong gone.)

I am a big fan of adam johnson - he is the best winger in the prem and it is sad (for him) and for us that he is no longer in our club

Happy Holidays
This all day

mancunial said:
Blueband Brother said:
CONCERNING ADAM JOHNSON.
I have mentioned earlier in a previous post that we are suffereing because of our unwise dealings in the transfer window.

Adam Johnson is a player that was and i dare say sis still underrated and disrespected by mancini, the media and some of us fans

He decided that he needed to leave to play regular football- this is unfortunate because he could not see the bigger picture ( playing for a team with real prospects, made 100+ apps for mancity over the two year tenure and with the manager rotation policy, i believe adam johnson would have been an integral player, a game changer that could have made a difference in tight games and perhaps might have eventually siezed a starting berth for himself. All he needed was a wee bit of patience and perseverance.

I really think he made a bad career decison and mancity and mancini, unwisely i might add,did not make any sound effort to keep him........ True i hear what your saying. Adams a good player but i wouldnt say hes the best wingef in the premiership. Hes to lazy. Talented and gifted but no way in the same breath of GARETH BALE.... could of done with adam yesterday. And dejong is a big miss. Bought poor replacements for dejong. I MISS THAT DEJONG TACKLE SO MUCH. The way he use to mop up attacks from the opposition was Instrumental. His passing was simple but ever so effective

In conclusion, i can say to complete confidence that we WOULD HAVE BEEN TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT THE MOMENT IF WE DID NOT SELL ADAM JOHNSON (and also de jong for his spirit and leadership and i think the team have lost some of that with de jong gone.)

I am a big fan of adam johnson - he is the best winger in the prem and it is sad (for him) and for us that he is no longer in our club

Happy Holidays
This all day

Johnson has had maybe two good performances for Sunderland, one was against us. He isn't that good, most Sunderland fans have been calling him a flop and waste of money! He was OK in an impact role for us last season but get over it, he didn't want that role and did not show enough when he did start for us to justify being a regular starter. It's not either/or with Johnson and Sinclair, there are dozens of better wingers than both out there, we just messed it all up with a truly useless signing based on how much Mancini wants to use Sinclair.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.