Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

Public transport needs a major rethink. The obvious thing is to size the transport to the route but it's not that simple. Some routes need a double decker during peak hours and could make do with a basic people carrier after 8pm. That leaves expensive assets sitting in depots. Its probably not possible to repurpose double dockers but smaller units could be for their down time.

You're totally missing the point. I've no idea how old you are but as I've stated they used to run all night irrespective of how many people were on them. They managed to be funded okay back then. Now nobody is suggesting they run all night again but a last bus running later than 10:52 pm is just common sense. I'd actually say running it later would be better for the bus company as more people would catch it.
Probably older than you...

So you would be okay paying for this one person on a bus ?
I want to live in a place where people's lives (and their complexity)'are priotised over punitive economic decisions so yes. You can't expand the city in the way we have (£££) and not create adequate systems for people to thrive which includes public transport - and all people, elderly, disabled etc. Anyway this is getting a bit off topic so il leave it here haha

As long as you're happy to pay for it, which you would end up doing.

I pay £10 a year at the moment. It was shit when I paid full fare and it's shit now I don't. It's been shit since about three months after privatisation, when you couldn't move for buses vying for business. I'd be happy to pay extra when I caught a late bus as long as it was cheaper than a taxi.

I want to live in a place where people's lives (and their complexity)'are priotised over punitive economic decisions so yes. You can't expand the city in the way we have (£££) and not create adequate systems for people to thrive which includes public transport - and all people, elderly, disabled etc. Anyway this is getting a bit off topic so il leave it here haha

Yes we've derailed it, sorry mods.

Agree 100% with that mate but unfortunately governments have different ideas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.