Sevilla (N) | UEFA Super Cup | Post-Match Thread

@CarlosTevez'sEnglishTutor thanks for all your advice pre-trip. Some of it came in really handy and certainly helped make it a great experience.

No problem mate, sorry I never got chance to pop in and meet anyone. The week went by fast and tried to cram as much time in with the family.

What were some of the best places people found in terms of bars, sights etc? (Don't say the Parthenon).

No problem mate, sorry I never got chance to pop in and meet anyone. The week went by fast and tried to cram as much time in with the family.

What were some of the best places people found in terms of bars, sights etc? (Don't say the Parthenon).
Amsterdam Bar in Piraeus seemed to end up being main meeting point on matchday, was crazy the difference round there on non-matchday, lovely place. I got a sense the square the fan zone bit ended up would have been perfect when it had all gone yesterday.

Monastiraki was great (as you said not really for large groups drinking) but a couple of small Square bits one near that Beer Time and another near a wine bar type thing I forget the name of. Athens Sports bar was decent for women’s final.

Thought transport was very handy and the X96 bus.

I had gyros from Street Souvlaki about 5 times, which was good going for a 2/3 day trip!

I only went to the Acropolis sight wise but that was class.

Amsterdam Bar in Piraeus seemed to end up being main meeting point on matchday, was crazy the difference round there on non-matchday, lovely place. I got a sense the square the fan zone bit ended up would have been perfect when it had all gone yesterday.

Monastiraki was great (as you said not really for large groups drinking) but a couple of small Square bits one near that Beer Time and another near a wine bar type thing I forget the name of. Athens Sports bar was decent for women’s final.

Thought transport was very handy and the X96 bus.

I had gyros from Street Souvlaki about 5 times, which was good going for a 2/3 day trip!

I only went to the Acropolis sight wise but that was class.

They certainly don't mind a queue lining up there do they haha.

Athens Sports Bar was great, we went in every day

Another vote of thanks to you and the other Greek Blues who provided advice, it was invaluable. The Acropolis was inevitably going to be the main draw for most. Saw loads of Blues as well as Sevilla fans up there (mad dogs, Englishmen and Spaniards out in the midday sun). But the areas lower down (Temple of Hephaistos and the Ancient Agora) were good as well. There were a load of bars and restaurants just the other side of the railway line from the Agora which had great views of the Acropolis. Myself and the lad ended up having lunch in one called Theta which was expensive but decent food, plus it had a good misting system on the fans outside which was great as it was so bloody hot.

Took your advice in Piraeus and went to Pasalimani and Mikrolimano for meals, I think the latter was the better of the two and only a short walk from there to the stadium. All in all a good trip. The result helps, of course!

Hi there

I did a solo trip there and had a fantastic 24 hours in Athens. Only had time for a few beers in Piraeus (bumping into a blue I know, which was nice). Stayed near the ground after the game and after the Acropolis early doors on Thursday, I went on a bit of a pub crawl of some of Athens finest places (that open during the day). I went to:

Odori
The Clumsies
Juan Rodriguez Bar
Six Dogs
Liosporos Jazz bar

I would have gone to The 7 Jokers, but it was shut.

Superb trip and met lots of top blues and locals. Only ballache was the 3 hour delayed flight back to Luton.

Cheers.

Thought the Acropolis museum was really well laid out and some of the exhibits were awe inspiring. I love a bit of old architecture aswell, some of the buildings are just beautiful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.