Sevilla v City post match thread

I might've enjoyed beating Bayern more, but tonight probably was our best team performance in the CL.
Bit of an ill-timed challenge for their goal, but other than that I can hardly remember a flaw.
Defence was great. Kompany and Otamendi both full of confidence. Loved those slide tackle blocks from Fernando.
Our attack so comfortable and so beautiful. Yaya and Jesús were brilliant. Fernandinho and Sterling were untouchable.
I really hoped we would win, especially for anyone involved in last night. But that was better than I even dreamed.
CITY CITY CITY CITY :)

Great result and super performance, but what a terrible kit! I have read it is lime green (could not tell on my b+w TV) in fact could not tell who was who for most of the match, why not play in the dark purple?
How do you know it's terrible, from this post it seems you haven't seen it - actually it's cool!

Depends who we are playing. Against a team that is likely to have all 11 players around their own box, we'd probably need more creativity. Against a good team where we're going to play on the break, tonight's team was ideal.

A fair comment, I was talking about European games and also against certain domestic teams, I think tonight has showed we can create loads of chances and play attractive football without playing like the Harlem globetrotters, the balance was bang on and whether in possession or on the counter it was very entertaining

Great balance to the team tonight.

I think our 1st choice front 6 should be:

Fernando, Fernandinho, Toure, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero

That could be deadly, it has everything defensively and offensively.

Navas and Sterling are 2 great options if we are too narrow and need more width.
So remove the pace & width that has been so effective for us this season & play 2/3 of our important players out of their favoured positions?

Not for me I'm afraid!

Very very impressive performance. To produce that without the injured players bodes well for the rest of the season. For Sterling and Bony it could well be a turning point, every player was outstanding and not seen many mentions of Harts world class save at 2-1.

Brilliant result and a great achievement for Pellegrini and the players to qualify with two games to spare from what seemed be and is a very tricky group. The next goal will be to qualify top of the group, which is very doable at this stage and with players coming back from injury. Sterling and Navas on the wings with Yaya playing behind Bony was just too much for Sevilla to handle, a very good managerial day for Pellegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.