Sh*t tactics

shit topic, lost in injury time, seconds from a near perfect result. 30 mins more and the game would of opened up. ffs european trophies and world cups have tactically been won on penalties without the winning team having a shot on target.

I can't believe some people here. Stuff like 'not good enough Mancini'.

Get behind him or go support United, simple as that.

We were 0-0 at half time, at Old Trafford. We defended really well for the first half and we're quite obviously shook up by the whole coin and bottle incident. I guess the players mind set was altered.

We played well against a very good team. They did what they do best, keeping pressure on right to the final whistle and getting loads of wins doing it.
We need to match them to be the best.

Stiss said:
I can't believe some people here. Stuff like 'not good enough Mancini'.

Get behind him or go support United, simple as that.

We were 0-0 at half time, at Old Trafford. We defended really well for the first half and we're quite obviously shook up by the whole coin and bottle incident. I guess the players mind set was altered.

Not convinced the bottle throwing made a difference to the result but if it did it says something about our players to let it.

As for getting behind the manager I agree but from past experience on here of City fans attacking the manager I doubt much will change. I trust though you supported our last manager 100%?

On a different topic I keep seeing Garrido under attack because he isn't close enough to his winger but isn't it obvious that is what his manager has told him to do. He wants him tight with the left center back and not to leave a hole there which they can exploit. It's been part of the regular training work they have been doing so if it's wrong don't blame Garrido so much.

Pride_In_Battle said:
We were brilliant first half.Second half we looked like a completely different team. After the break we looked more scared to lose than excited to win. Don't know what happened or what was said, but we need a winning mentality in that dressing room, and the sooner Patrick Vieira is fit the better!

Paddy should make a substantial difference where we need it - smack bang in the middle, and the verbal driving force we currently lack.

Tactics were spot on. If we'd have gone all out and left ourselves exposed at the back...people would have moaned, so you can't fucking win.

We defended well and created more than enough chances to score more than we did, what more can we ask for ? It just wasn't our night. The first half Utd huffed and puffed but didn't do fuck all. In the second half we were at them from the off, creating the better chances, but unfortunately that little spell where we conceeded 2 was our downfall. It can happen.

We dragged ourselves back into it and could have even won it they way we were playing after our goal...but inevitably the scored in injury time as they always fucking do, and let's not kid ourselves that its only against City. They have a habit of it.

I was gutted with the result, but proud of what we did. Look at the performances "old City" put in against West Ham and Balckburn when we choked in the 1/4 finlas of the FA. Look at the shit performance vs hamburg away. I think we did OK in both games. I think we switched off once 90 minutes cam up and had mentally settled for extra time and this needs to be rectified. The likes of UTd and Chelsea go for it in injury time. But FFS do we need to change ther manager verey time we lose.

I think the OP must have been watching a differnt match to me, where were we sitting back exactly? the 1st have we were well on top, and as people have said, Bellamy getting hit by a coin really threw us and they scored. at that point Mancini went far more attacking bringing on ireland and Ade. sitting back defending my arse!

quick question though, Bellamy was in the corner ready to take a corner when he got hit, but I dont recall seeing the corner being taken, this may have been while replays of the incident were shown, did the corner happen or did something stange go on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.