Sh*t tactics

forget about it boys, it was extremely close, and at this stage that's more than acceptable against one of europe's top three teams. you can't just expect to role up at the utds and barcelonas and romp home. they've seen it all before, they've won and lost countless semi-finals. they have the experience and the players are used to the big occasion. we'll be back, and stronger.

gutted about tonight as we played very well at points, but playing 3 def mids when you have a one goal lead against the pl champs at the swamp wasn't going to work. to be fair we gave it a good go and we didn't sit back for nearly as long as we did in the first leg but yet again in the dying moments we sit back and let them come at us and when you have players with the passing of scholes and giggs to throw it in the box then we can't really complain. that and some very typical city defending (anyone wanna try marking their best player at some point, no? ok then)

sat back all 3 times we played them this season and just when it matters they make us pay, anyone see a pattern? should have had de jong, ireland and tevez chasing the passes like a terrier instead of lining everyone up to clear it out for the next wave of attack.

we'll learn tho and we'll have the experience and coolness to deal with these situations in the future the more big ties we play. come on city

Unknown_Genius said:
Everything was going to plan in the first half. They never looked like scoring, and we always looked a threat on the break, and could have had a penalty. Tactics were spot on, I thought. We have Toure, Lescott, and Bridge missing, plus a half fit Onuoha. There is nothing Mancini can do about that. A little bit of defensive naivity and inexperience cost us, the players will benefit, especially the youngsters like Boyata from games like this.

Lets not get all negative and start hounding Mancini, or individuals. This time last year, all we had to play for was the UEFA Cup, now we have a Champions League place, and an FA Cup with United, Arsenal and Liverpool out. We have a genuine chance of either or even both. Chin up, this is not over.

Excellent post - some are too quick to blame tactics. There were a few shaky performances from us but all in all we did ok. We could have even won it had it not been for a great save. We WILL come back stonger from this and those twats will be relieved as well as pleased tonight, knowing that we are getting ever closer.

We were a corner away from Extra Time and nothing else. Say what you want but had we cleared it or had it been scuffed who knows. City have come on leaps and bounds and although this rips out your fuc*in heart in two years it will be different... United based their whole season on this performance and won, I am proud, we are up there, City are back, the Rags know it and just be patient... We know you are scared Rags so FCUK off !!!!

BlueSinclair said:
I keep hearing how exhausted we were, that's fine, but why wasn't the cheats exhausted? In both occasions. I keep hearing people mentioning our injuries, you know what, the cheats has had some injury issues as well. I'm not slagging anyone off, but let's not use silly excuses like that, because it was the same for them.

lescott injured, toure ANC, rsc injured, ade not right, johnno injured, bridge injured, vieira injured, robbie fucking off, ned not fully fit, how can that be the same as the scum? they had vidic on the bench, if he played their strongest possible team would've been on show.

it is definitely not the same for them!

alextrueblue said:
BlueSinclair said:
I keep hearing how exhausted we were, that's fine, but why wasn't the cheats exhausted? In both occasions. I keep hearing people mentioning our injuries, you know what, the cheats has had some injury issues as well. I'm not slagging anyone off, but let's not use silly excuses like that, because it was the same for them.

lescott injured, toure ANC, rsc injured, ade not right, johnno injured, bridge injured, vieira injured, robbie fucking off, ned not fully fit, how can that be the same as the scum? they had vidic on the bench, if he played their strongest possible team would've been on show.

it is definitely not the same for them!

for me the point is the mental exhaustion... the heads went down when they scored, and it took an incredible effort to get back in the game, to the point where we looked more likely to score. thats why we switched off in the last minute, desparate to get to the whistle and have a breather before kicking on again. utd have been in these situations many times before, they handle the pressure better, it's less draining for them and they concentrate right until the whistle. we just don't have that kind of experience in our team, apart from tevez. it's one of the reasons why serial trophy winner patrick viera was signed even tho he is still unfit, he is a true winner and a true leader.

anywayyyyyyyyyy

shit tactics?

too negative?

no threat?

I don't think so.

They very narrowly edged out the possession (53% to 47) and corner count (8 to 6), but city had 9 attempts on target to their 7....

bizzbo said:
what a load.

we were on top until bellamy got hit on the head.

we were a kick away from extra time.

it's happened to the best teams in europe over the last 5 years.

little moments, that's the difference.

aye

Disagree, we were strong & unlucky, just wish we would really close players down a bit more, we give them a bit too much room. Having said that, I think Mancini is Ace and he's our Man...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.