Sh*t tactics

tommytheblue said:
lastmanback said:
my idea of counter attack is not 1 player making a run on his own, while the whole midfield watch on beside
the defenders, counter attack does not exist in the mancini set up. 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and the forwards
covering for shit full backs. counter attack does not happen to successfully in this formation. imo

we counter attacked a few times..and looked good doing so. It was defensive lapses that cost us the game.
i dont think you really know what your talking about...

Oh come on! Defensive lapses? That's poor. You seriously think the only reason we lost was because of a couple of defesive lapses. If that's the case how did the ball get in our half in the first place? You're simplifying the game of football a bit there aren't you. Yes there were lapses but there were also numerous attacks by united which eventually caused those lapses. There was also very little happening in our midfield to take pressure off our defense. there were long periods where Ushited were in posession and when we eventually got the ball we were unable to successfully play the ball out of trouble and gave it back to them.

I don't want to slag off our team I thought they played their hearts out but you can't just sweep away a disappointing result like that with a simple defensive lapses excuse. They could easily have scored more and I thought Boyata, Richards and Kompany all had excellent games so there must have been more to the loss than your simplified reason.

phil333 said:
Possibly partly Mancini tactics partly because half our players are not 100% match fit but...

What I think everyone has not mentioned is why is a 19 year old academy product doing playing in our first semi final in how many years, when we are the 'richest club in the world'. Don't give me january transfer window bollocks, why hasn't Mancini been backed to go out from day one to get players i.e. defenders, midfielder, striker etc to strengthen the squad. Loan signings etc, Manchini is being asked to achieve champs league without fully being backed? Here is where we lost tonight because the board have tried to postpone things IMO until the summer. They took the risk gambling that our squad was good enough and failed.

have to agree with this. Why give hughes all the money? when we get a quality manager why give him fuck all?

salfordblue-tony2 said:
have to agree with this. Why give hughes all the money? when we get a quality manager why give him fuck all?

When Mancini arrived he said he wanted to get the semi's over before he bought and sold. he also wanted the injured players back to see what he had. I have a feeling there may be as many as four incoming in the next week, and a couple the other way.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
phil333 said:
Possibly partly Mancini tactics partly because half our players are not 100% match fit but...

What I think everyone has not mentioned is why is a 19 year old academy product doing playing in our first semi final in how many years, when we are the 'richest club in the world'. Don't give me january transfer window bollocks, why hasn't Mancini been backed to go out from day one to get players i.e. defenders, midfielder, striker etc to strengthen the squad. Loan signings etc, Manchini is being asked to achieve champs league without fully being backed? Here is where we lost tonight because the board have tried to postpone things IMO until the summer. They took the risk gambling that our squad was good enough and failed.

Said it before and I will say it again the sacking happened at the wrong time it didnt give Mancini enough time to get to know the squad before the window opened added to the fact Toure and Adebayor were gonna be away most of Jan

BibbyBlue85 said:
AntonDonJuan said:
We got what we deserved.

Sitting back at the swamp.

It was always going to happen. Fuckin shit tactics, fuckin gutted.

CTID

Out of interest how would you have set us up tonight?
You know what really, really fucked me off? How we expected Bellamy and Tevez to run the sho up front. Our midfield just sat back and watched, Wright-Phillips tried his hardest but he wasn't match fit which is understandable. But fuck me, at least have a bit of fuckin ambition. We are in the lead, in the 2nd leg of the semi's, and yet we just sat back, let them dictate play, let them ping the ball every time over to our left like it was a practice game, and expected 2 players to win the game for us.

Fuck me talk about a lack of ambition

AntonDonJuan said:
We got what we deserved.

CTID
Biggest pile of shite I've ever read on here. We didn't sit back at all, the midfield lost it in the 2nd half allowing them to move the ball in front of our back four. Nothing wrong with the tactics!

Neil McNab said:
AntonDonJuan said:
We got what we deserved.

CTID
Biggest pile of shite I've ever read on here. We didn't sit back at all, the midfield lost it in the 2nd half allowing them to move the ball in front of our back four. Nothing wrong with the tactics!

Except they didn't work!

Neil McNab said:
AntonDonJuan said:
We got what we deserved.

CTID

Agreed. Funnily enough this thread started by the same idiot that started the Bluemoon gone to the dogs thread earlier in the week. So it's ok to slag Garrido but not Robinho.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Neil McNab said:

Except they didn't work!

THIS^^^^

In what way was there nothing wrong with the tactics? We nearly got beaten in the first leg and were lucky to get a win. In this leg we should have conceded 4 or 5 but instead conceded 3. Conceded three when our team had 3 defensive midfielders. We might as well have gone for all out attack they probably wouldn't have scored much more and we might have scored more instead. If the tactics were spot on how is it we're out having won the first leg? That's not spot on tactics especially when you consider I thought 3 of our back four were contenders for MOTM along with Tevez and Bellers who ran the show upfront with zero support for large parts of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.