Sh*t tactics

he had 2 games to get his tactics across. first game he got lucky, wrong tactics but got away
with it, with negative set up. 2nd game does exactly the same thing, same team and is hoping to get
a result away from home when it did not work at home. did he think they would be less of a threat
at the swamp, did he learn nothing from the 1st game, the answer is obvious, he bottled it, twice.
more negative than hughes. even prearse was more adventurous.
I have to say his formation of 7 - 0 - 3. is a new one to me.the midfielders
cover your defence at all costs and forwards
can fend for themselves. No link between defence and attack so when you finally get to clear the ball out
from the back, the space between the backs and forwards is half the pitch. bellamy and tevez have way to
much work to do, whilst the midfield ? are happy to get ball away from our goal without the worry of supporting
the forwards. imo

Possibly partly Mancini tactics partly because half our players are not 100% match fit but...

What I think everyone has not mentioned is why is a 19 year old academy product doing playing in our first semi final in how many years, when we are the 'richest club in the world'. Don't give me january transfer window bollocks, why hasn't Mancini been backed to go out from day one to get players i.e. defenders, midfielder, striker etc to strengthen the squad. Loan signings etc, Manchini is being asked to achieve champs league without fully being backed? Here is where we lost tonight because the board have tried to postpone things IMO until the summer. They took the risk gambling that our squad was good enough and failed.

stanman said:
we gave them room to move, time on the ball, and didn't contain shrek. We lost , move on. the best team won ,but we're still in the FA cup. Lets put 6 past portsmouth.

couldnt agree more,

bizzbo said:
vbr said:
Regardless of what you say bizzbo, the tactics were shit.

We sat there with a 2nd choice CB, Academy prospect, Richards and a left-back almost everyone wants gone on this board. They were compact, gave them ample time on the flanks before closing down allowing them to get bodies in and around our box. We then complimented the compact back four by sitting THREE defensive minded midfielders in front of them and they were still fucking first to every second ball in our half and we still conceded three fucking goals. The team setup was specifically designed to grind out a draw if possible and to do so with that defence and the midfielders we had one was fucking stupid. Anyone could see it coming when they started getting time and space on the ball to flood forward. We had Tevez isolated up front with a woeful SWP on the right and Bellamy working his socks off trying to get forward and protect Garrido at the same time. Awful team setup and even more of an awful performance. Ultra negative of the highest quality.

irony, anyone?

anyway, dude, it's called counter attack. it has nothing whatsoever to do with playing for a draw.

my idea of counter attack is not 1 player making a run on his own, while the whole midfield watch on beside
the defenders, counter attack does not exist in the mancini set up. 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and the forwards
covering for shit full backs. counter attack does not happen to successfully in this formation. imo

AntonDonJuan said:
We got what we deserved.

Sitting back at the swamp.

It was always going to happen. Fuckin shit tactics, fuckin gutted.

CTID

So glad someone else spotted this. Talk about a lack of fucking ambition.

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
so he was meant to send us out to attack at OT? fcuking snap out of it!

if we'd gone out all guns blazing from the off we would have left ourselves short at the back and probably have got ripped to shreds.

agree that we could have been more attacking at home towards the end - we allowed them to put us under pressure, and another goal would have been nice. having said this, we won the game and went into this game with a decent chance.

don't think the tactics were sh*t; if they were shit we would have got a pasting. maybe they weren't quite right, but they weren't sh*t.
Yes you can attack at OT! Teams have done it before and got wins. United crumble when you get at them. Liverpool do it well. I'm not saying all out attack but as has been said what's with the 4-3-0-3 formation. It did not work in the first leg and we should have paid the price. We were damned lucky to get the win. We were almost lucky again tonight but we should have been pasted. United could easily have scored 5 in that second half and we were lucky to be still in it at 90 mins! I don't blame the lads or Mancini really, they all did their best. It just wasn't good enough even with us riding our luck a bit.

Still as I've said onwards and lets hope lessons are learnt.

Lesson 1. If you play cautious at Old Trafford you will get whooped! (or at least you should if Ushited put their chances away)

lastmanback said:
bizzbo said:
irony, anyone?

anyway, dude, it's called counter attack. it has nothing whatsoever to do with playing for a draw.

my idea of counter attack is not 1 player making a run on his own, while the whole midfield watch on beside
the defenders, counter attack does not exist in the mancini set up. 4 defenders, 3 defensive midfielders and the forwards
covering for shit full backs. counter attack does not happen to successfully in this formation. imo

we counter attacked a few times..and looked good doing so. It was defensive lapses that cost us the game.
i dont think you really know what your talking about...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.