Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very important and trusted player to Pep, it makes all the difference having a naturally left footed player in the centre at the back, I just hope he never plays him at left back again, every time he's played him there he's been shite.
What the fuck was that silly dance shit he did after scoring? Lmao.

Anyone got a gif of it, very cringeworthy.

That was some team performance, some of the first half football was fantastic, we probably should have been 4 or 5 by half time, that said we also defended very well. The second half was all about game management, and we still could have scored 3 or 4 more, and we defended very well again.

The pundits will go on about our attacking play tonight, when in fact it was a bit wasteful (sorry), but they will completely ignore what a sound defensive game we played tonight, Ederson had virtually nothing to do, thanks to the 2 CB's and Fernandhino, who stopped almost everything, and then gave it to our midfield who ran the game.

In the first half we often lined up 235, and the Shaktar defence didn't know how to combat it, not many would, we won the ball so high up the pitch they rarely got into our half.

I think that first half is one of our best ever team performances, it was so dominant, I don't think there was a player below 8/10. We actually look better than we did last year to me, we just need to put more chances away !

I agree wasteful but it’s was said we were poor in the final third I don’t call ripping teams to shreds in the final third poor, the final third is not in front of the goal mo

We also had plenty of near misses; much more a case of marginally off than poor.

Our biggest failing is not scoring ridiculous numbers of goals.

The thing is, Pep's not changed things, we're just doing what he was trying to do before, better.

I think we are sometimes playing more like a traditional defence & even clearing the ball, at times. Sometimes we look almost like an Italian team rather than all pressing, then suddenly we press & push forward.

Pep doesn't have Messi.now, but this could become his best ever team if he sticks it out imo. He is still evolving, himself.

Considering the quality of the opposition that was a sublime first half team performance; have only seen Juve to date that would be best avoided..

There is no better year for us to win this competition than this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.