Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the team was getting plaudits last season I remember a commentator saying to Pep, " Your team is now looking a lot like Barcelona. " He smiled and replied, "Not yet, not quite. Next season we will be a lot closer."

You can see what he meant. I remember when we played Barcelona and thinking that for such a skilful attacking side we and other teams hardly created chances against them. You can see that now in this City side.

Played the game like it was a training match against the under 19's. In an entirely different planet to our very capable opponents tonight and showed it from start to finish. Mahrez was wasteful infront of goal but hes looking much more of a threat these last few games, he's starting to understand his role within the team which gives us fantastic options and adds unpredictability to our lineup. The more options we have, the less chance our opponents have of tailoring specific game plans.

If I was forced to criticise anything it would be not putting away our chances as that should have been close to double figures if not well into it and I suppose fernandinho not getting an early rest is an increasing concern but they're very minor things. Hopefully no injuries, a good few days rest and preparation before going to Wembley and setting another marker down for the rest of the league to take note of just how far behind us they are despite the points

Fantastic 1st half performance like has been said could & should have won by 5 or 6, but we’re creating so many top chances one game it will all click & we’ll give somebody a proper fuckin hammering, we’re capable of scoring 10 in a game & it seriously could happen sooner rather than later we’re that good

Fantastic 1st half performance like has been said could & should have won by 5 or 6, but we’re creating so many top chances one game it will all click & we’ll give somebody a proper fuckin hammering, we’re capable of scoring 10 in a game & it seriously could happen sooner rather than later we’re that good
Please be the derby
Please be the derby
Please be the derby
Please be the derby

All 3 non-City games in our group have been draws. :)
Win the next 2 (Shaktar at home and Lyon away) and we top the group having a game still left.

All 3 non-City games in our group have been draws. :)
Win the next 2 (Shaktar at home and Lyon away) and we top the group having a game still left.
That would be amazing and a perfect opportunity for the kids.Id even be raiding the EDS - Poveda and Matondo would see all their dreams come true.

Yeh, we were saying that on Saturday. It’s like the extraordinary has become the norm. Our unique brand of profligacy notwithstanding, first half last night was close to perfection

At times on here you could be forgiven for thinking that some supporters do not really appreciate how good City are. Maybe some of it is about not wanting to get carried away do to the past scars of following this club?

I frequently wince when I see people say we were poor of shit etc. We are almost never poor, except in very small patches of the odd game. Our level varies but all in all we have been remarkably consistent and compared to most other teams we are a cut above.

Last night was especially good.

Not scoring enough goals, particularly early ones, is I would reiterate our one major frustration but we still score more than most...

Christ, what.a.team. Totally outplayed them, rested in the second half, clean sheet. Wonderful football. Silva’s goal you could watch all day. If I was a spuds fan I would be very worried or go with the view of watching a master class because I just cannot see them getting anywhere near us. Hope it doesn’t sound arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.