Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know you have lost the discussion when you have to use others to back up the lack of weight in your argument `some players regress` is a very strong claim at his age, he was not our worst attacking player Tuesday , that was De Bruyne his passing was poor, maybe because others were not making the same runs that they were before his injury but he looked a frustrated man, as for Jesus Pep and Brazil pick him for a reason

City just gave one of their best ever performances in Europe; with Gabby in the team.

Not quite happening for Jesus at the moment but I don't doubt his quality, attitude or workrate for a second. What someone is saying is 'regression' I think is more a transitional period or temporary dip in form for the 21 year old lad. We've seen this all before with people writing off Sterling and they look like dicks now (e.g @Tom_mcfc) and I'm supremely confident that it will be a similar case with Jesus

Players get injuries , some come back stronger and some players regress , Jesus is in the latter , if you think everything is hunky dory with Jesus's form , then fine , thats your opinion , but looking at his player thread your in the minority ..............................pal

Regression - wow.

Had a glance on the Jesus thread and it looks like you in the minority.

Let's not get precious though ok chum.

Last edited:
Wow...I'm in the minority too then. Have you considered that maybe just maybe he's having little difficulty finding his form because he hasn't played that much ? Sometimes with certain players it takes a run of games to find a bit of rhythm. He's still young and is an absolute world class quality player. We're bloody lucky to have Brazils no 9 as back up for Sergio. I'm keeping faith in him that he'll be popping in a few important goals this season.

I am another minority then, I wish we could sign another off form bad finisher like Gab, I bet pep does to.

He doesn't get that starts and time like Kun, all be it every team would put Kun first and the way pep plays suits one striker.

I see Gab starting and think great stuff, defenders don't know which way he turns, he is lively and one of the most dangerous players we have in the box with the ball close to his feet. Like the game at anfield when he was introduced late on it gave us some fire upfront and the Liverpool defenders panicked.

Some have a go at his finishing but to be fair he doesnt get the clear cut chances some players get, he does create a lot of chances himself. I can honestly say one on one with the keeper I prefer Gab, the finish on the last game to get the 100 points I don't think many would have bagged.

He has a long future at city, hasn't yet moaned that he is the second fiddle striker.

I am another minority then, I wish we could sign another off form bad finisher like Gab, I bet pep does to.

He doesn't get that starts and time like Kun, all be it every team would put Kun first and the way pep plays suits one striker.

I see Gab starting and think great stuff, defenders don't know which way he turns, he is lively and one of the most dangerous players we have in the box with the ball close to his feet. Like the game at anfield when he was introduced late on it gave us some fire upfront and the Liverpool defenders panicked.

Some have a go at his finishing but to be fair he doesnt get the clear cut chances some players get, he does create a lot of chances himself. I can honestly say one on one with the keeper I prefer Gab, the finish on the last game to get the 100 points I don't think many would have bagged.

He has a long future at city, hasn't yet moaned that he is the second fiddle striker.

Last season Gabby's conversion rate was almost exactly the same at Sergio's.

I haven't got that figure for this season but I expect that at the moment Gabby's ratio is down but I would be surprised if it does not improve.

This thread can't turn into an argument surely?
There is always a scapegoat with City fans. We have had Gundogan earlier in the season, now it's Jesus's turn. Personally, I think Gabby just needs a goal and then his confidence will return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.