Shakhtar (A)-Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I’ve already said that I despair at the inaccurate use of the word poor in connection with this team.

Also, what imo is happening, is that we are now choosing to allow periods of this in certain games, because Pep is chasing results, not idealistic nonsense or statistics.

Most of the games we have lost, under Pep, have been mainly our fault.

We would like to dick everyone 10-0 playing like Barca in their pomp, but we are learning to dig in, take a breather & if necessary take the result, when we miss too many chances to kill the game, or get a bit fatigued.

Imo it started at Spurs, last season, when we were in the middle of a tough spell.

A Pep team which can be comfortably tight, is the worst possible nightmare for the rest of football.

Also, what imo is happening, is that we are now choosing to allow periods of this in certain games, because Pep is chasing results, not idealistic nonsense or statistics.

We would like to dick everyone 10-0 playing like Barca in their pomp, but we are learning to dig in, take a breather & if necessary take the result, when we miss too many chances to kill the game, or get a bit fatigued.

Imo it started at Spurs, last season, when we were in the middle of a tough spell.

A Pep team which can be comfortably tight, is the worst possible nightmare for the rest of football.
I think it started before that, but that was the game that nailed it (pity we didn't do it in the previous game but hey ho, it was funny watching them lose to the team bottom of the league ;-) ).

I think 'game management' is something that the PL has taught Pep, its taken a while for it to fully take effect, but he said he'd come here to learn more.

I loved how that performance developed at Spurs. Too soon to be sure if we are seeing a new form of pragmatism from City but the signs are good.

This game saw some proper defending and although I prefer to see us entertain, you have to be able to get down and dirty when the going gets tough so last night was very satisfying.

I think it started before that, but that was the game that nailed it (pity we didn't do it in the previous game but hey ho, it was funny watching them lose to the team bottom of the league ;-) ).

I think 'game management' is something that the PL has taught Pep, its taken a while for it to fully take effect, but he said he'd come here to learn more.

I think Pep has had to adapt his approach to deal with a different league but not sure the PL has been teaching Pep ;-)

"usual city" , f*cking priceless , Jesus was below par , missed chances and was offside a lot more than twice sunshine , if you think he is the same player who arrived 18 months ago your dreaming , he had a poor world cup and has not impressed this season , if he wants to play in the big games he will have to get his act together because he isnt taking Aguero's place any time soon. Its a forum and if i dont believe Jesus is playing well then this is the place to state the fact , its about opinions not looking for scapegoats , grow up.

In those 18 months he has had 2 bad injuries, you thought about factoring that into your opinion pal.

It is also a fact that Jesus was involved in 2 of our goals last night. So if that is playing bad then we going to be ok.

I wiil concede one point and that is he was offside a grand total of 4 times last night.

Every single opposing team is now hoping for the best and hoping most our passes go astray and that we can't kick the ball on target.

In those 18 months he has had 2 bad injuries, you thought about factoring that into your opinion pal.

It is also a fact that Jesus was involved in 2 of our goals last night. So if that is playing bad then we going to be ok.

I wiil concede one point and that is he was offside a grand total of 4 times last night.

Players get injuries , some come back stronger and some players regress , Jesus is in the latter , if you think everything is hunky dory with Jesus's form , then fine , thats your opinion , but looking at his player thread your in the minority ..............................pal

Players get injuries , some come back stronger and some players regress , Jesus is in the latter , if you think everything is hunky dory with Jesus's form , then fine , thats your opinion , but looking at his player thread your in the minority ..............................pal

Wow...I'm in the minority too then. Have you considered that maybe just maybe he's having little difficulty finding his form because he hasn't played that much ? Sometimes with certain players it takes a run of games to find a bit of rhythm. He's still young and is an absolute world class quality player. We're bloody lucky to have Brazils no 9 as back up for Sergio. I'm keeping faith in him that he'll be popping in a few important goals this season.

you know you have lost the discussion when you have to use others to back up the lack of weight in your argument `some players regress` is a very strong claim at his age, he was not our worst attacking player Tuesday , that was De Bruyne his passing was poor, maybe because others were not making the same runs that they were before his injury but he looked a frustrated man, as for Jesus Pep and Brazil pick him for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.