Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

Something’s not right at the club at the moment. A great team seems to have withered on the vine almost overnight. Not replacing Vinny, inverted wingers all the time (totally ineffective against parked buses), powderpuff finishing every week, abject lack of pace in every department, half arsed pressing, questionable team selections, opposition teams able to run through our midfield on the counter like it doesn’t exist, £220m spent on Cancelo, Rodri, Mendy and Mahrez. Awful against Wolves, awful against Norwich, awful against Southampton, awful 2nd half in Atalanta, awful tonight, we just look completely jaded.
With United, Burnley, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves as 5 of our next 6 opponents, we really need Pep to earn his motivational corn in the next few weeks or we’ll be looking over our shoulders
Was with you all the way until last sentence, mate. We wont be looking over our shoulders, streets ahead of the rest.

Turned off absolute load of bollocks, 2 shit fullbacks with another shit LB on the bench.

We look sluggish, don't press well & when was the last time either FB has gone passed the defenders or hit the Go alone????

Gabby got Fuck all service & when he does get it he turns himself inside out just so bad.

Bernardo has been half the player since Peps playing him then subbing him with Mahrez

We have more press in the box than on the pitch & don't get me started on Our last ditch talking because or CM is to fucking slow

Dino has to get his arse back in midfield with Rodri & Kev.

Newcastle will spit, bite & kick & when we play those SCUM bastard there pace yes even shitty UTD will smash our back line on the counter.

Last moan

What the fuck has Sterling been eating he has hit a brick wall.

All in all shit & must change rapido

Qualified but fucking finish again..

Guess we have been spoilt

It is very difficult to replace people like Vinny. He put his all into the run in but he had to go some time. He wanted the anderlecht challenge and fair play to him.

You can’t buy in a leader (or rarely). You hope that one emerges through the ranks that has learned by example. No one (for me) has stepped forward yet.
No at present we only have Dinho that is a leader on the pitch, but we don't know how he reacts off the pitch, for me Vinny was a Manc it was as if he came through the Academy and supported city all his life the way he cared about the club

Seen a few Cup games like this in the last couple of years too. Not sure why I keep going to them, we just don't seem to get up for them til KO stages.

Agree but I think pushing fern back in the middle now would change everything. All the issues come through our midfield. Gundy & silva can’t keep up, Kev is out of position for me & that leaves a lot of pressure on Rodri.

You’ve definitely got a point and I agree but we really shouldn’t be relying on Fernandinho in the middle still.

It’s fucking annoying that’s what needs to happen after years.

We have qualified comfortably from a group we were expected to do so due to the seeding process. Job done. Our problem is that individually and collectively our form over the last few games has nosedived, to an alarming level. Sure we have a few injuries but players are a shadow of themselves. Tactically at times we are all over the place and are slow and ponderous in midfield and defence. Rodri and Cancello look poor buys, Angelino......well at least he was cheap.

This for me is where Pep has to earn his corn and prove he is one of the best coaches out there. He has to come up with a system that nullifies the loss of our injured players. He then has to somehow get the spark, zip and hunger back.

I get your points and agree. But you have to ask why play Kev or sterling tonight. I’d be happy to rest them both. Play foden & give Mahrez some game time. Pep seems to be making it harder for himself this season. As you say we didn’t need to win it so why risk 2 key attacking players ? Makes no sense
That's true but perhaps rather than be criticised for fielding a weakened team, he hoped a strong team in first gear would get the job done early. It's probably not the case but there is the possibility that the UEFA guy in attendance tonight, had a bearing on the team selection(ie wanting to show they are treating it with respect).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.