Shamima Begum

Well she's lost , but purely on a point of law. Constitutionally the H.S had the right to remove her citizenship. That's understandable.
Now she's in limbo as regards nationality. I think she should be judged in a British court of law and she has said she would accept any verdict handed down. What's the problem? She's no threat and she's shown contrition. A 15 year old kid who had clearly been mistreated by one or both parents to have been desperate enough to embark on such a calamitous odyssey. A very impressionable minor manipulated by some egregiously mindless thugs.

It's always worth remembering whenever this case resurfaces that there are up to 500 other Shemima Begums - including people who were actually fighting - who the various conservative Home Secretaries just waved back into the UK because they didn't run into journalists on the way home.

When I first saw this thread had resurfaced I was thinking she had passed away.

I’ve seen arguments from both sides on here but why not proceed with a “trial in absentia”? I know this is a unique one but let’s say she’s found guilty and given a 20 year custodial sentence for Terrorism charges (as we all know that’s 10 years in reality), wether she’d be as keen to return home knowing she’s doing porridge for a good few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.