Shaun Wright Phillips

Cant see why people are on the back of shaun when the middle of midfield was terrible. How often birmingham were able to run straight at our centre backs was a joke! Exactly what does de jong do? Certainly doesnt protect the back four and does nothing going forward. Barry should hold allowing shaun and ireland to push on behind a front 3. Which was the team and system which brought so much quality play and success in the early games. Feel barry has struggled since de jong has come into the team and plays much better with ireland.

played orite today just lacks a good final ball, still think weiss should get more of a chance.

SWP's back said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Saw him lose the ball 2 times in the first 3 minutes today...

But after that he had a very good game, caused them all sorts of problems and looked like the only player in our team who was ever gonna cause any damage. Made a couple of great runs for Tevez to slip him in and it was just a shame there was no-one showing in the box with any intent to help capitalise, but that's what you get when you leave superman on the bench

He was awful save for two decent runs. Constantly lost the ball and ran down blind alleys. Here is hoping for an injury an Weiss to get a run of games.

This!!! IS Terrible!!!

SWP's back said:
Oh no - do you know how much sleep I will lose now I am not a fan in your eyes? (here's a clue - none - fuck off)

ps - Did I say a career threatening injury? No you tit. I said injury for Weiss to get a run.

You're wishing an injury on a blue, think about that for a second.

liamw said:
Cant see why people are on the back of shaun when the middle of midfield was terrible. How often birmingham were able to run straight at our centre backs was a joke! Exactly what does de jong do? Certainly doesnt protect the back four and does nothing going forward. Barry should hold allowing shaun and ireland to push on behind a front 3. Which was the team and system which brought so much quality play and success in the early games. Feel barry has struggled since de jong has come into the team and plays much better with ireland.

De Jong has probably been our best player this season, he constantly breaks up play, intercepts, retains possession and generally keeps us ticking over. I do however agree that Barry has been poor in the last month or so.

I understand the support of de jong but he very rarely intercepts all his tackles are last ditch attempts and the amount of times teams run staright through the middle of us, he should be stopping this. Barry reads the game much better than de jong so can intercept instead of flying into tackles and barrys distribution is excellent most of the time. Just dont understand why the system employed to such success in first month of season has been abandoned.

PabZab said:
SWP's back said:
Oh no - do you know how much sleep I will lose now I am not a fan in your eyes? (here's a clue - none - fuck off)

ps - Did I say a career threatening injury? No you tit. I said injury for Weiss to get a run.

You're wishing an injury on a blue, think about that for a second.

Oh grow up. You know full well that it means nothing in real life what I wish. I have wished for the lottery with far greater vigour and it's not worked out just yet.

Yes - I would like Weiss to get a run. Will Hughes play him ahead of SWP? No - so what the most likely scenario for me to see Weiss get a run? SWP to bruise his heel in the shower a la Tevez and be out for 2 weeks. (oh god what a twatty nasty blue I am - poor SWeePy.)

I could give a toss what you think of me - I just want City to win and SWP needs a kick up his arse. If it was any other pkayer (esp Robbie) playing as badly, you would all be at his neck.

liamw said:
I understand the support of de jong but he very rarely intercepts all his tackles are last ditch attempts and the amount of times teams run staright through the middle of us, he should be stopping this. Barry reads the game much better than de jong so can intercept instead of flying into tackles and barrys distribution is excellent most of the time. Just dont understand why the system employed to such success in first month of season has been abandoned.

Sorry but I couldn't disagree more De Jong reads the game much better than Barry, he also keeps the ball more effectively.Barry is horribly one footed and I lost count of how many times he was caught in possession and gave it away today.

barry is one footed but just dont see what de jong gives the team. can you honestly tell me the team has preformed better since de jong has come into it? maybe we have to agree to disagree!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.