Shaun Wright Phillips

liamw said:
barry is one footed but just dont see what de jong gives the team. can you honestly tell me the team has preformed better since de jong has come into it? maybe we have to agree to disagree!

You can't compare Blackburn Wolves and Pompey to United Arsenal and Villa. The way I see it if you play De Jong and Ireland in midfield then Ireland can bomb on and De Jong sits in. When Barry played in Ireland played far to deep.

So basically what I'm suggesting is to play similar to a diamond

De Jong
Wright Phillips A.N Other
Ireland

1961_vintage said:
Posts like this make me want to scream fuck to infinity

Wins the ball.

Beats 2 men.

Absolutely fuck-all to aim at in the middle and zero options

But it's your fault Shaun - you're crap

ffs.

This this this...Shauny really put a shift in today, and tried to create, but the options weren't on for him..We need to be carefu here, Shaun is a confidence player, and we've all seen the genius he can produce when he's full of confidence, and we've also seen what happened to him at Chelsea. We are supporters..lets support him eh?

I thought SWP was one of our better players today. His final ball left a bit to be desired, but I thought he did more than most (which, admittedly, isn't saying much).

Can compare those teams to wigan, fulham and west ham though oh and scunthorpe! if capello thinkd barrys best position is aholding midfielder then i wouldnt argue with him. My point is with barry and ireland in the team we have won most of our games with them not together we havent.

He lacks a football brain IMO, however I do not want to slaughter the guy I just think he should be offered the chance to have a rest and give Weiss a go. He is giving the ball away too much and is never in position and switched on, pretty much exactly as he was at Chelsea.

I cant believe SWP gets into the side, people need to remove the tinted glassed and analyse what he does (or doesnt) do.

His beating of man to loosing the ball ratio is awful, when he does beat a man he rarely does so to effect. Whenever he found himself in a good position today it was because he had been put through.

His first touch is inconsistant, to often he miscontrolls and although he seems ot be able to work his way out of tight spots on instict, when the pressure is on to keep it tight while pick a pass he loosed the ball. His distirbution is poor, he doesnt see passes the way a top player should and his crossing, well lets not get started.

Yes he grafts, yes he works hard, but thats not going to win you games at the business end of the league.

liamw said:
Can compare those teams to wigan, fulham and west ham though oh and scunthorpe! if capello thinkd barrys best position is aholding midfielder then i wouldnt argue with him. My point is with barry and ireland in the team we have won most of our games with them not together we havent.

But we beat West Ham and Scunthorpe convincingly! We drew at Wigan (where Chelsea lost) where De Jong was our best player. Ireland was considered to not have been playing well up to his injury. I would however bring him back into the team now but for the expense of Barry who has been very poor of late.

Thought we were talking about defensive qualities as this is all de jong has and against west ham and scunthorpe we conceded. i just want to see us play football like we were and the performances since west ham have been awful particularly today, wigan and fulham. Maybe can tolerate de jong playing away but never at home. We need to play to our strengths get the ball down and attack. So negative of late its so frustrating dont blame anyone player just think the system is wrong.

liamw said:
Thought we were talking about defensive qualities as this is all de jong has and against west ham and scunthorpe we conceded. i just want to see us play football like we were and the performances since west ham have been awful particularly today, wigan and fulham. Maybe can tolerate de jong playing away but never at home. We need to play to our strengths get the ball down and attack. So negative of late its so frustrating dont blame anyone player just think the system is wrong.

Well we are talking about both aren't we, De Jong will stroll player of the month for October and he only just missed out in September if memory serves me right. Barry in those two months has been pretty poor/average at best. The only reason I can think of keeping Barry in over De Jong is he is left footed and that helps us down the left hand side. But apart from that De Jong is in for me as he reads the game better than Barry, keeps the ball better than Barry, I think that if Ireland is played alongside De Jong he would have more of a licence to go forward and be in the area of the pitch where he can cause damage rather than being very conservative and playing deep like he was doing when he was partnered with Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.