Shaun Wright Phillips

I thought he was our best player apart from Shay. His final ball didn't happen but there was never any options on anyway. The more worrying thing for is we've played 3 away games against average opposition (ok Villa are decent) and we haven't created any decent chances.

On a side not i thought Bridge was exceptional today.

ono said:
I thought he was our best player apart from Shay. His final ball didn't happen but there was never any options on anyway. The more worrying thing for is we've played 3 away games against average opposition (ok Villa are decent) and we haven't created any decent chances.

Bridge looks painfull on the left to me-hes so one footed its frightening and is always looking to play balls with his right foot and coming inside.

flb said:
ono said:

Bridge looks painfull on the left to me-hes so one footed its frightening and is always looking to play balls with his right foot and coming inside.

Bridge is frighteningly 1 footed! Having said that thought he played well AGAIN today. Would go as far as saying he's been our most consistent outfield player so far this season.

I hate to have a go at SWP but his delivery wasn't good today. No matter how many players he's got to aim at, if he kicks it out for a goal kick or chips it into the keeper's arms it's a poor cross.

MCRJON said:
I cant believe SWP gets into the side, people need to remove the tinted glassed and analyse what he does (or doesnt) do.

His beating of man to loosing the ball ratio is awful, when he does beat a man he rarely does so to effect. Whenever he found himself in a good position today it was because he had been put through.

His first touch is inconsistant, to often he miscontrolls and although he seems ot be able to work his way out of tight spots on instict, when the pressure is on to keep it tight while pick a pass he loosed the ball. His distirbution is poor, he doesnt see passes the way a top player should and his crossing, well lets not get started.

Yes he grafts, yes he works hard, but thats not going to win you games at the business end of the league.

Definately this.

Saw an interesting comment on the official facebook page someone suggested move him to right back?? pace check! positional play check!! the two big questions over Zab and Richards answered.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Saw him lose the ball 2 times in the first 3 minutes today...

But after that he had a very good game, caused them all sorts of problems and looked like the only player in our team who was ever gonna cause any damage. Made a couple of great runs for Tevez to slip him in and it was just a shame there was no-one showing in the box with any intent to help capitalise, but that's what you get when you leave superman on the bench

Have to disagree - shows so much promise but bever ever quite delivers on a consistent basis - wont fault his attitute - effort or love for the club hence my reluctance to slate swlate him but too many wrong decisions and not enough quality, i think he will struggle to hold down a first team slot within the next 12 months be that Wess or a n other

SalfordCityBlue said:
Shaun played really well today (one of the few).

Some truly clueless people on here.
Think you'll find that those you think are clueless think likewise about those with your opinion. SWP has been poor for a while, can't beat his man, constantly losing the ball, can't cross and has lost his ability to shoot from distance.

Neil McNab said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Shaun played really well today (one of the few).

Some truly clueless people on here.
Think you'll find that those you think are clueless think likewise about those with your opinion. SWP has been poor for a while, can't beat his man, constantly losing the ball, can't cross and has lost his ability to shoot from distance.

THIS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.