Shauny drinking with West Ham players last night

cleavers said:
dannyf said:
get off his back just coz we have got a bit of money know we forget about the players who really want to be there for city, he will come good every player has a blip!

This is little city mentality, just because a player might be a hard working blue, doesn't mean he's good enough for where our owner (and most fans I know, who realise where we are headed) wants to be.

I've nowt against SWP, but he has lost pace, his one real trick, its not a blip, and he mostly, no almost always, takes the wrong option these days. I'd love him to be good enough, but the simple truth is that no matter how much effort he puts in, he isn't quite good enough for where we need to be.

As for having a night out in London on his day off, good on you Shaun, no problem with me.

What did he do wrong on Monday bar set up Tevez on a plate after skinning his man, and get fouled a lot (most not given)?

He was having a good match until he was put out on the left on 29 mins and ignored.

Corky said:
What did he do wrong on Monday bar set up Tevez on a plate after skinning his man, and get fouled a lot (most not given)?

He was having a good match until he was put out on the left on 29 mins and ignored.

Dunno wasn't there as I had to work because it was re-arranged to late for me to change shifts, and since ESPN had the game I've not even seen the goals.

Why do you think my post is having a pop at SWP anyway ? We can afford (no we must get) better players if we are to do what the owner wants, this is not knocking SWP, (though his reported wage demands don't support the level he's at, but that's another story) its just saying that he's not of the level we need now.

In my opinion his crossing isn't great, his first touch is pretty average, sometimes its a pass, he's lost a bit of pace, and these days he almost always cuts inside (left or right), and rarely beats the fullback on the outside.

A champions league first teamer he isn't, and we should aspire to have only those at the club in the future, squad player yes, but he won't want that will he ?

It doesn't make me happy, its just the way it is.

Shaun got takled and it went for a corner. He got dogs abuse by a few.

Johnson did exactly the same and gets a big shout of "well done".

People have their knifes out for Shaun and want him to make the slightest mistake so they can say "he is shit".

They forget he was our best player in November when Tevez could not hit a barn door.

If it was a case of him "beating his man" there would not be a problem. However the opposition know how dangerous he is and he has to try and beat 2 or 3 with little support.

Corky said:

People have their knifes out for Shaun and want him to make the slightest mistake so they can say "he is shit".

They forget he was our best player in November when Tevez could not hit a barn door.

If it was a case of him "beating his man" there would not be a problem. However the opposition know how dangerous he is and he has to try and beat 2 or 3 with little support.

Agreed, he is the easy target at the moment. But it is because he is so frustrating to watch, running into dead ends all the time.

West Ham tho? Can't see that happening...

dannyf said:

get off his back just coz we have got a bit of money know we forget about the players who really want to be there for city, he will come good every player has a blip!

If he really wants to be here then why is he getting his dad to slag us off for not giving him a new contract when he has 2 1/2 years left on his current one?

Corky said:

this is mainly how ive seen it this season with swp and all so very much a lack of support from refs as well concerning the amount of fouls against him many un given,id agree he has not been on his best form but i certainly would not say he is playing his worst form far from it!

mcfc83 said:
Corky said:

Agreed, he is the easy target at the moment. But it is because he is so frustrating to watch, running into dead ends all the time.

He is an easy target because he has made himself so - if Tevez asked for a pay rise no fans would really give much of a shit because he is doing it on the pitch - Shaun aint.

The other fact is that if we were to improve our attacking options Shaun is one of the players who is likely to be moved on and replaced.

For me i no longer give a shit if he goes - no one is bigger than any football club and the statements that have come from his family disrespecting my club the club i have supported for 30 plus years and will continue to support long after Shaun and other have gone and hung up their boots can indeed fook off.

One final thing when he came to the club he was one of thr highest paid players - dont remember other man city players kicking up shit players like Kompany - Petrov - Zab - Ned even Ireland got on with it and shut the fook up - something Shaun would do well to learn

dctid said:
mcfc83 said:

He is an easy target because he has made himself so - if Tevez asked for a pay rise no fans would really give much of a shit because he is doing it on the pitch - Shaun aint.

The other fact is that if we were to improve our attacking options Shaun is one of the players who is likely to be moved on and replaced.

For me i no longer give a shit if he goes - no one is bigger than any football club and the statements that have come from his family disrespecting my club the club i have supported for 30 plus years and will continue to support long after Shaun and other have gone and hung up their boots can indeed fook off.

One final thing when he came to the club he was one of thr highest paid players - dont remember other man city players kicking up shit players like Kompany - Petrov - Zab - Ned even Ireland got on with it and shut the fook up - something Shaun would do well to learn

4 of the players you mentioned have had big rises since though.

Plus their adopted Fathers don't have jobs which need them to be contravercial on the radio.

Pinch of salt needed.

Corky said:
dctid said:

4 of the players you mentioned have had big rises since though.

Plus their adopted Fathers don't have jobs which need them to be contravercial on the radio.

Pinch of salt needed.

They got pay rises because they performed at a high level and did the business and i doubt they got pay rises Ireland excepted - anywhere near what Shaun is reporting to be asking.

Finally Wright senior attack was personal there are lots and lots of other things he could have said about other things - cant imagine him sayng anything klke that about Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.