"Shay Given is Not a Good Goalkeeper"

We had a poor defense before Given. He is a great shot stopper, and overall a good keeper. If somebody thinks he is to blame for a poor defense, I don't know what to tell you really it's so obviously not true. By this logic there is no great player outside of arsenal chelsea etc.

Mattyc55 said:
Sabster said:
Why because it is so true?

We nned buffon - him and chiellini in the summer..

and De Rossi, OOH and MESSI, cheeky bid for Benzema?

You clearly don't follow football - buffon and chielini will probably not be in the champions league and we will

whereas de rossi and messi and both 100% dedicated to their clubs as they have played with them for ever and are in the champions league

I agree based on his goalkeeping for Newcastle and I cannot understand why we loaned out Joe except to say we had Dunne at the time and Given and Dunne worked well for Ireland and could have done for us.

Curipus logic at work here.
A bit like suggesting that Henry Ford was a lousy driver because people sometimes crash his cars.
Our defence needs sorting. Not the goalkeeper behind it.

i think it has more to do with who he's playing behind

at newcastle he was behind some really poor defenders and as a result they gave away more chances and goals and a similar thing is happening with us, he's not playin behind the best players and therefore we're conceding more chances than we should be, and therefore conceding more goals!

once we get (what i believe) to be our first choice back 4 out (richards - kompany - lescott - bridge) i think we'll see that we wont concede as many goals

BatBlue said:
As a shot stopper and for reaction saves given is deffo one of the best in the world, but his distribution, and inability to come out and catch a ball let him down, and whenever there is a set piece near our box our defence crumble because they know Given will not be out to catch it and they have to deal with it.

Pretty much this ^

Sometimes his kicking is really poor, but as a shot stopper he is excellent. Might be interesting to bring Hart back for some competition.

Sabster said:
Mattyc55 said:
and De Rossi, OOH and MESSI, cheeky bid for Benzema?

You clearly don't follow football - buffon and chielini will probably not be in the champions league and we will

whereas de rossi and messi and both 100% dedicated to their clubs as they have played with them for ever and are in the champions league

I clearly do follow football, who's to say we'll be in the champions league next season? Youre the one thats clearly living in a fantasy FM2010 world, when in fact we possess the most consistent goalkeeper in the Prem over the last decade.

I've read everything this weekend.Every single player except Adam Johnson slated,Mancini's scarf blamed for our poor form,post match interviews and now some daft comments in a paper.What next Peter Swales and the Gypsies curse.Fucking hell,get a grip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.