"Shay Given is Not a Good Goalkeeper"

scowy68 said:
I've read everything this weekend.Every single player except Adam Johnson slated,Mancini's scarf blamed for our poor form,post match interviews and now some daft comments in a paper.What next Peter Swales and the Gypsies curse.Fucking hell,get a grip.

Tell me about it mate, I'm as gutted as anyone about yesterdays result, and the fact that we cant emulate the way we play at home when were away from Eastlands; but some of the stuff spouted on here really is quite unbelievable. Its a forum and people have a right to vent their opinions, but 99% of it is unsubstantiated SHIT.

The media say that because he plays for us. You can put your mortgage on the fact that if he'd signed for the rags he's be the greatest goalkeeper the world has ever witnessed.

Lev Yashin wouldn't get a look-in.

"2x goals in 2x games" my butt... keep reading your statistics while the rest of us is watching the games

Fed up of sh!t like this, everytime a players team gets beat or the player has a bad game he automatcly becomes a bad player, yet when a players on form then they are the best players around!. Shay Given in my opinion is by far the best keeper in the premiership no doubt about it and if he has a bit of a weekness so what! every player does, even little pretious Rooney does. N0bs like this need to top writing crap and do somthing better with their lives instead of writing bulsh#t!. There gonna have a few bad games in their carrer so live with it!.

Damocles said:
I tend to think that these types of articles come from people who spend more time looking at their statistic books, than actually watching the games on the pitch.

Statistics can sometimes be misleading, if taken out of context, and that's exactly what is happening here.

"Lies, damn lies and statistics!"

Yes, we've conceeded too many goals but that's a result of a back 4 that is still struggling to gel and some questionable tactics from the previous manager. You can't judge it purely on goals conceeded. Under Hughes some of our defending was so cavalier that we'd have conceed goals even if we had Buffon or Cech in goal.

mcfc_brazil said:
Fed up of sh!t like this, everytime a players team gets beat or the player has a bad game he automatcly becomes a bad player, yet when a players on form then they are the best players around!. Shay Given in my opinion is by far the best keeper in the premiership no doubt about it and if he has a bit of a weekness so what! every player does, even little pretious Rooney does. N0bs like this need to top writing crap and do somthing better with their lives instead of writing bulsh#t!. There gonna have a few bad games in their carrer so live with it!.

Best in the premiership - pepe reina is miles better.

Given's organisational skills are nothing short of abysmal

I'm sorry but this is a joke. Like ya there are weak parts of his game, no one's perfect everyone, including Rooney, have weakneses to their game. But for people to come out and say that he's poor because basically the Newcastle defence was shite and at times ours are poor as well and that we need to buy better. I'm sorry but for anyone to say that tells me that they've never played the game and certainly have never played in goals. If ye think that a keeper has that much control over defenders then ye've thing coming.
A keeper's job is their job. Whatever about for frees and corners, their job isn't about standing there all game long screaming at defenders telling them what to do, where to stand and what decisions to make, despite what some people on here think, he's not a magician or a puppet master. They have no control over how defenders play or what mistakes they make. Defenders get paid and they play there for a reason, to defend. To play their game. What they are coached to do.

Every City player asked about Given have said something to the likes of that they're comfortable and confident playing in front of Given because he's a great communicater, always shouting etc. Which is true, and anyone who's sat behind his goals could tell ya that. But for some reason some on here can't tell the difference of what he's supposed to do and what would be working miracles. Given is a great keeper which we are lucky to have. He is not and he never will be responsible for the actions of clowns like Bramble falling over himself or Toure not coming for a ball. Defenders are responsible for their own game as is a keeper. What a keeper is supposed to do and what people on here want him to do are two different things. One is a clueless view and the other is a realistic view.

I mean in your head ya organising sounds easy, but in real time, real play, organising defenders in front of you, I mean you've a few seconds on a corner and a free, to set up, but that's like guidelines, after that it's the defenders who make up their own minds. And people are delusional to think otherwise. It's not like he can stop play and take their hands, and put them in position..but armchair fans..
And with kicking as well, I mean long kicks are kicks that are to space more than players, at times, it's up to the players to fight for them. There's no magnet and metal here. Long kick outs are up to defenders to fight for, and are nearly always 50/50 balls.
Yet that goes unknown here too.

Some people will criticise anyone for anything, when clearly they've never played it themselves.

Our defence running into eachother usually is nothing more than our defence being clueless at times. And despite roaring and roaring at defenders in front of you a lot of the time falls on deaf ears which is without question one of the most infuriating things.
All of which, of course, is the keepers fault..FFS. Armchair fans no best I suppose..pick your battles I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.