"Shay Given is Not a Good Goalkeeper"

Sabster said:
mcfc_brazil said:
Fed up of sh!t like this, everytime a players team gets beat or the player has a bad game he automatcly becomes a bad player, yet when a players on form then they are the best players around!. Shay Given in my opinion is by far the best keeper in the premiership no doubt about it and if he has a bit of a weekness so what! every player does, even little pretious Rooney does. N0bs like this need to top writing crap and do somthing better with their lives instead of writing bulsh#t!. There gonna have a few bad games in their carrer so live with it!.

Best in the premiership - pepe reina is miles better.

Given's organisational skills are nothing short of abysmal
It's a matter of opinion.

I still find it hilarious that some posters here don't want buffon !
Given is a good keeper ,Buffon is world class, And yes it is realistic we can get him it is not like messi.

Obviously I'm not blamiming Given for today's defeat however it is an interesting one this... I have to say that for a long time I've thought that Given, from an overall defensive point of view, is the weakest link at the back. Whilst his ability to pull out the great saves is not being questioned I feel his general defensive abilities (which are required much more than the occasional spectacular save) as a goalkeeper are very poor. Many times throughout the season his lack of ability to come for crosses has resulted in many attempts at goal and/or goals being scrored that just should not have even had a chance compared to that of a goalkeeper who isn't afraid to come off their line.

Balls sail into the area, even the 6 yard area, and Given is rooted to the line watching the ball fly past him. I'm surprised that summerizers on MOTD/Sky etc NEVER mention this - maybe Mancini realised this before he came though as he described Given as one of the top 5 keepers in the world - gives him a choice of at least 4 that he could say are better!

Reality is just another world away for some people on here. Sure Buffon's perfect keeper as well..till say he's bought and oh wait..
And Messi, I mean why wouldn't he want to come.
Lets buy Tevez, no he's not good enough, he misses every 3rd chance, lets buy Rooney, he's amazing, lets grab him, that's realistic, but wait no, he tracks back to much.

There is no such thing as the perfect player. Given is as good as you'll get in the Premiership. There isn't much better than him out there. Hart is a good keeper but again it amazes me how people can't spot the difference between Given and Hart, and expect so much of one player. Football is not a script.

A fucking idiot behind me was moaning about given all yesterday and even tried chanting theres only 1 joe hart, anyone who has a little knowledge about footballand actually watches it will be able to tell you given is a good goal keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.