Average kicker
Hopeless on commanding his area

Hart:

CLASS shot stopper
Very good kicker
Hopeless on commanding his area

Scooby Blue said:
Damocles:

Don't tell me what my argument is... it speaks for itself.

I was satirising your argument, simply because when you cut the external fluff away, that was the core point to it.

Different keepers have different strengths / weaknesses.... but my point is that Given's reputation is artificially high because of his reluctance to come for crosses and commit "obvious" errors.

That's just daft. That's like saying that Giggs reputation as a winger is 'artifically high' because he doesn't use his right foot a lot.

The most suitable keeper for City depends on the aerial strength of the defenders in front of him. If we had Terry / Hangeland / Shawcrosss heading away every cross ... then maybe Given might be perfect for us. But we don't ... so perhaps a keeper who is more prepared to come for crosses might help our overall defence.

Maybe, but with our defence and midfield unwilling to close the gap in front of the 18 yard box, I'd much prefer a good shot stopper to a good cross catcher. Again, play the odds, how many times will a good shot stopper save you compared to a good cross catcher?
Think of how many ridiculous one handed, point blank saves Given has made for us, I wouldn't trade the ability to catch a ball from a cross for that.

In our situation, we aren't a big enough club to have a keeper who can do both. Hell, Arsenal have being in the CL for every year for the last 10 and even they can't get a keeper like this, let alone Spurs and Villa.

Buffon:

Best Shot Stopper

Incredible Distribution

Very good organisation and claiming crosses

Sabster said:
Buffon:

Best Shot Stopper

Incredible Distribution

Completely out of form.

Couldn't catch a cold.

Doesn't speak the same language as the actual defence in front of him.

Reputation means nothing.

Damocles said:
Sabster said:
Buffon:

Best Shot Stopper

Incredible Distribution

Completely out of form.

Couldn't catch a cold.

Do you watch juventus?? How in anyway is he out of form.

Nice mature comment here..

Best keeper EVER

"Think of how many ridiculous one handed, point blank saves Given has made for us, I wouldn't trade the ability to catch a ball from a cross for that"

I would, granted one is very much 'the seen' but unfortunately for being seen it needs to allow an attempt on goal, the other snuffs it out before it gets that far.

Sabster said:
Damocles said:
Completely out of form.

Couldn't catch a cold.

Best keeper EVER

Do I watch Juve? Are you kidding? I've brought up my love of Italian football before, the fact that I watch it regularly, and go at least twice a year, every year since I was about 16. I also post pretty heavily on Italian football forums, including the Inter one that brought a few of them over here when we appointed Mancini.

Juve have been garbage recently. They haven't won in about 5 games and Ferrara has just been sacked. They're about 7th in the league, and should really be pushing at the top with the team they have.

Damocles said:
Sabster said:

Best keeper EVER

Do I watch Juve? Are you kidding? I've brought up my love of Italian football before, the fact that I watch it regularly, and go at least twice a year, every year since I was about 16. I also post pretty heavily on Italian football forums, including the Inter one that brought a few of them over here when we appointed Mancini.

Juve have been garbage recently. They haven't won in about 5 games and Ferrara has just been sacked. They're about 7th in the league, and should really be pushing at the top with the team they have.

Could of informed you of that after watching sky ,seems you consider yourself an expert in all ares ,what pizza topping would you recomend..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.