"Shay Given is Not a Good Goalkeeper"

IrishMacca said:
Reality is just another world away for some people on here. Sure Buffon's perfect keeper as well..till say he's bought and oh wait..
And Messi, I mean why wouldn't he want to come.
Lets buy Tevez, no he's not good enough, he misses every 3rd chance, lets buy Rooney, he's amazing, lets grab him, that's realistic, but wait no, he tracks back to much.

There is no such thing as the perfect player. Given is as good as you'll get in the Premiership. There isn't much better than him out there. Hart is a good keeper but again it amazes me how people can't spot the difference between Given and Hart, and expect so much of one player. Football is not a script.

You watch serie-A? Juventus is 7th! and he said himself that he cant take it anymore. Realistic? yes of course!

GStar said:
Agree - said it for a long time.

In fairness, Given is a good goalkeeper, but no where near World Class as some seem to think on here, nor best in the premiership, as some seem to think on here.

My thoughts too.....

Sabster said:
mcfc_brazil said:
Fed up of sh!t like this, everytime a players team gets beat or the player has a bad game he automatcly becomes a bad player, yet when a players on form then they are the best players around!. Shay Given in my opinion is by far the best keeper in the premiership no doubt about it and if he has a bit of a weekness so what! every player does, even little pretious Rooney does. N0bs like this need to top writing crap and do somthing better with their lives instead of writing bulsh#t!. There gonna have a few bad games in their carrer so live with it!.

Best in the premiership - pepe reina is miles better.

Given's organisational skills are nothing short of abysmal

Miles better????
have a day off, id give you he's as good as but for me these two are on par with each other, and again imo, the two best keepers in the EPL.

Every time the ball is in our box between a defender and Given I panic. 9/10 the defender is hoping Given will do the right thing and be decisive and come and claim the ball. 9/10 Given stands watching as the defender is forced to clear. Drives me mad. His communication is piss poor and he doesn't dominate his area at all well. His distribution is shocking.

However he is a superb shot-stopper, nobody can deny that. I wouldn't say he's 'not a good goalkeeper' but he isn't as good as some would have you believe. Likewise Hart hasn't suddenly become a world-beater as some people make out.

Given is a world class keeper and any team in the Prem including the rags, chelsea and arsenal would love to have him in their team.

He is currently being made to look bad by our absolutely piss poor defence, in the same way Wayne Bridge was made to look bad by Robinho's inability to track back when he first signed for us, leaving Bridge with 2 men to mark.

The sooner we dump Boyata, Richards, Toure, Garrido and Zabaleta the better.

The only top class defender we have is Kompany.

he is a good kepper worth at least 9 points a season but not world class.think Joe hart may be back next season

selim said:
IrishMacca said:
Reality is just another world away for some people on here. Sure Buffon's perfect keeper as well..till say he's bought and oh wait..
And Messi, I mean why wouldn't he want to come.
Lets buy Tevez, no he's not good enough, he misses every 3rd chance, lets buy Rooney, he's amazing, lets grab him, that's realistic, but wait no, he tracks back to much.

There is no such thing as the perfect player. Given is as good as you'll get in the Premiership. There isn't much better than him out there. Hart is a good keeper but again it amazes me how people can't spot the difference between Given and Hart, and expect so much of one player. Football is not a script.

You watch serie-A? Juventus is 7th! and he said himself that he cant take it anymore. Realistic? yes of course!

Sure that's where the money is. FFS. And you wonder why people say we're destroying the game.

Not to go off point. My point is that we buy excellent players and some so called supporters come out and find faults in them, every single one of those armchair clueless fans who have never kicked a football before in their life, I guarantee you if Buffon came within a month you'd have people on here moaning for Hart back and finding all these so called faults in them.
FFS. Lets everyone get their sky remotes out.

I know you get it a lot with professional sport, but ffs, has anyone on here even kicked a football like ffs. Some of the posts are ridiculous.

pee dubyas crayons said:
Given is a world class keeper and any team in the Prem including the rags, chelsea and arsenal would love to have him in their team.

He is currently being made to look bad by our absolutely piss poor defence, in the same way Wayne Bridge was made to look bad by Robinho's inability to track back when he first signed for us, leaving Bridge with 2 men to mark.

The sooner we dump Boyata, Richards, Toure, Garrido and Zabaleta the better.

The only top class defender we have is Kompany.

Ive said it before but until we stop playing the game with two defensive MF sat in front of a back four that normally defend deep as it is, and in doing so virtually the whole game contually inviting the opposition on to us, then our defence will continue to look ragged and as in all games where the defence are under pressure, its the goal keeper who is most exposed.

Sort out our dull midfield and the whole back line and GK will find some respite.

I asked the question just recently with regard to a 6ft 2inch given being able to use his arm/hands.....are there some 9ft 6 inch strikers floating around. Funny scenario this really cause for years nobody mentioned Shilton in the Maradonna hand of god incident...look at shilton and then look at maradonna, shilton is allowed to use the shoot of his arm to defend with....watch the replay again he stood on his tip toes and diego jumped (well)....so.....can Given the greatest goalkeeper that ever lived actually jump?....if the answer to that is 'yes' then it does rather beg a multitude of further questions about his reluctance to do so....if he can't and he's a gk then he's a brilliant at being 75% efficient...simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.