Shay Given to Arsenal (merged)

Re: we've agreed to let Shay Given join Arsenal

lancs blue said:
zeven said:
Hart have served city great whenever he has played, why hugues signed Given in the first place i dont know!

No, that's not right. Before Hart went on loan to Brum he was too raw to be in a team that was aiming for 4th spot, Hughes was right to bring another keeper in, one of the few things he did get right. Hart has clearly improved significantly while at Brum and is now roughly on a par with Given.
And is still improving at a fast rate, meaning he will be better than Given, meaning Mancini is justified in making him #1.

I have no interest whatsoever in England's or Ireland's goalkeeping requirements but I have in City's. The best decision for City would be Hart as no 1, IMO. This is based purely on my assessment of their overall performances in the last 12 mths.
Mcleish is on record as saying JH was worth 12-15pts last season, which may be comparable to SG's but with a poorer set of defenders in front of him would be a greater achievement.
SG is a great keeper, I'm sorry he wont stick around to fight for his place.

IrishMacca said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
I personally have no doubts that Hart will go on to be the best keeper in the Prem for many years to come and win many titles with us.

We're looking at a good 15 years service out of this guy.

Foster had all the potential in the world, he's was going to be the next big thing, I'm sure those United fans thought they'd be looking at a good 15 years great service out of him.
Yet like so many young English keepers, there was a false dawn, like there is for oh so many keepers and players in general, and they faded off into irrelevance and became nothing but average. Not saying it'll happen to Hart, but 1 good enough season at a mid table club, and one game for City isn't enough to suggest that he'll be the best keeper for years to come. It's something I'd rather not gamble a season on.

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:45 am --

zeven said:
Hart have served city great whenever he has played, why hugues signed Given in the first place i dont know!

I know like, why did he bother, I mean it's not like Given did anything for the club anyway. It's not like Hart had an endless list of weaknesses before Given came..but nope, that too has disapeared, along with the memory of Given's great performances for us. It's just a mystery.
what im trying to say is, Hart did not deserv to lose his spot, in the first place.
I love Given, hes an awesome keeper.

zeven said:
IrishMacca said:
Foster had all the potential in the world, he's was going to be the next big thing, I'm sure those United fans thought they'd be looking at a good 15 years great service out of him.
Yet like so many young English keepers, there was a false dawn, like there is for oh so many keepers and players in general, and they faded off into irrelevance and became nothing but average. Not saying it'll happen to Hart, but 1 good enough season at a mid table club, and one game for City isn't enough to suggest that he'll be the best keeper for years to come. It's something I'd rather not gamble a season on.

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:45 am --

I know like, why did he bother, I mean it's not like Given did anything for the club anyway. It's not like Hart had an endless list of weaknesses before Given came..but nope, that too has disapeared, along with the memory of Given's great performances for us. It's just a mystery.
what im trying to say is, Hart did not deserv to lose his spot, in the first place.
Hart did, and as nearly every keeper his age, should have had the patience to sit on the bench and learn. Given didn't. And has been pushed to the side because of his age, partially because of his nationality, but nothing else. Can't imagine what it feels like to be treated like that.

IrishMacca said:
zeven said:
Hart did, and as nearly every keeper his age, should have had the patience to sit on the bench and learn. Given didn't. And has been pushed to the side because of his age, partially because of his nationality, but nothing else. Can't imagine what it feels like to be treated like that.
It's absolutely fuck all to do with his nationality, why would an Italian manager in Robeto Mancini give a fuck about the Irish/English goalkeeping situations?, remember he was the one who made the decision.

IrishMacca said:
Who cares about the Irish lad when England's future keeper needs games.

That's basically your problem. It's not about nationality it's about what's best for City. Joe Hart can be our keeper for the next 10 or 15 years, Shay only has a few years left. Ask Arsenal how easy it is to get a good keeper, ask Fergie too. The rags spent years look for a replacement for Schmeichel.
You need to work out who you support mate, Ireland or City.

i had my doubts about hart but he appears to be the real deal and so has my full support but can't we at least wish shay well? Can we not praise hart without knocking Given? model pro, good bloke, did a job for us. It's no coincidence Joe has improved so much since shay's arrival. Good luck to him.

stony said:
IrishMacca said:
Who cares about the Irish lad when England's future keeper needs games.

That's basically your problem. It's not about nationality it's about what's best for City. Joe Hart can be our keeper for the next 10 or 15 years, Shay only has a few years left. Ask Arsenal how easy it is to get a good keeper, ask Fergie too. The rags spent years look for a replacement for Schmeichel.
You need to work out who you support mate, Ireland or City.
Nail on head.

IrishMacca said:
zeven said:

what sort of an idiot are you to say that,how about being unbiased and lay of that crap just a thought hey!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.