Shay Given to Arsenal (merged)

Re: we've agreed to let Shay Given join Arsenal

players come & go, despite what some say they are not slaves & thats why they will go where they want in most cases

Milner ,Barry, tranny, tevez & many more

i would prefer them to stay ,go out of the country or some where they cant harm us & we need to stop this loan nonsense

if they want go enough take a pay cut , its not as if they will sruggle to pay the bills

IrishMacca said:
Hillarious this is, because yesterday Given was nobody, he wasn't worth the crap you'd find at the bottom of your shoe from some of ye..most of ye, with the comments that were made and that he can fuck off if he wants, Hart's young and English he's no.1 now, despite Given doing fuck all to deserve being dropped, He was worth sticking around to help Hart, but other than that, he was wortheless. Hart turned in one good performance which Given might have turned it, but probably wouldn't have been mentioned half as much because it's expected of him, and Hart's the new mesiah, he's "God" as it was put here, and Given can warm the bench. A reaction from 90% of the fans on here which really showed me the side of football I hate and the side of some..apparently most, City fans I didn't know existed.

Now suddenly with a rumour that he's off to a top team, to Arsenal and now he's world class again.

IrishMacca Given was always a World Class Keeper. Any football fan in England would of rated Given in there Top 3 keepers in the past 10 years or more. So getting rid is a joke as Hart is yet to show that form year after year after year. Maybe its Mancinis way of getting into the good books with the English media but I think in the long term the club will be better off having Hart instead of Shay.

3 pages just because someone posted something on twitter - get a grip fellas

Macca, the simple facts are we are probably the only club in the world that has 2 world class keepers.
Thats a big problem if they both want to play week in week out.
Something had to give.
Simples.

IrishMacca said:
Hillarious this is, because yesterday Given was nobody, he wasn't worth the crap you'd find at the bottom of your shoe from some of ye..most of ye, with the comments that were made and that he can fuck off if he wants, Hart's young and English he's no.1 now, despite Given doing fuck all to deserve being dropped, He was worth sticking around to help Hart, but other than that, he was wortheless. Hart turned in one good performance which Given might have turned it, but probably wouldn't have been mentioned half as much because it's expected of him, and Hart's the new mesiah, he's "God" as it was put here, and Given can warm the bench. A reaction from 90% of the fans on here which really showed me the side of football I hate and the side of some..apparently most, City fans I didn't know existed.

Now suddenly with a rumour that he's off to a top team, to Arsenal and now he's world class again.

leighton said:
IrishMacca said:

IrishMacca Given was always a World Class Keeper. Any football fan in England would of rated Given in there Top 3 keepers in the past 10 years or more. So getting rid is a joke as Hart is yet to show that form year after year after year. Maybe its Mancinis way of getting into the good books with the English media but I think in the long term the club will be better off having Hart instead of Shay.

Longterm yes, but Given did nothing to get dropped and is still better than Hart, and more proven. It's one thing to accept that a player is being dropped because he's not good enough, but to be dropped purely because of age and nationality, something you can't change, must be so hard to stomach. And that's it. Hart's not better than Given, but he's a future English star apparently so that gives him a huge advantage, the English press and manager must be all to fuckin delighted as they got their way. There was no way he'd start Given. Being young and English is what the Premiership wants now. While our best player is sitting on the bench going in cold to Euro qualifiers.

The single reason Hart starts in goals is because he's potentionally a good English prospect. If Hart was French or Dutch etc. We wouldn't be having this conversation and that's the truth of the matter and that must be absolutely impossible to stomach. And people want him to stay and fight? Fight what? Because he can't change his age of his nationality and that is what is keeping him out, not form or skill.

oakiecokie said:
Well Fbloke did warn us that certain "things" were happening at City which could upset our fans big style !!
Don`t forget it was Given who lead the march of players to see Cook was it,when we decided to part company with Hughes.
With Bellers virtually gone,Ned,possibly Ade and could it be Given, perhaps the cull has already started,BIG TIME !!

And they are exactly the reasons he should not be given the oppertunaty to bite us in the ass again, letting him go to the Arsenal is pure madness !!

allyboy said:
Mark Hughes' fault all this.

had a great keeper in Joe Hart, farmed him out and bought Shay.

Was always going to come back off loan and have this problem.

Its a problem that bobby has been left with.

He has to sort it. and looks like he has.

Agreed Bobby cannot win

Personally i would have given Given the EPL games and Hart the cup games under the condition that Given was sold next transfer window

IrishMacca said:

If true, the City dressing room will feel the massive loss as he's a very popular player, but apparently most City fans, especially on here wont, but I'm sure Arsenal fans will only be delighted to have one of the best keepers in Europe on their side.

what this bollox about most city fans on here business. i know more city fans who wouldnt know how to get on here than do. also have a check how many have posted on this thread compared to how many are registered.

having said that shay will be a great loss if this is true, lets hope it nonsense. i think both him and joe are top quality

allyboy said:
Macca, the simple facts are we are probably the only club in the world that has 2 world class keepers.
Thats a big problem if they both want to play week in week out.
Something had to give.
Simples.

IrishMacca said:

No, no, no. The talk from 90% of ye made it sound like he was nobody, and worthless, and that he can head off because nobody wants to loose the young English lad.
But the minute a decent club is in for him, suddenly he's worth keeping unless he's being sold to a shite club. It's bad enough that he's been treated this badly, but to begrudge selling what is one of the best keepers in Europe to a top club. Is even worse. Screaming he's got no loyalty one minute, and ye're ready to toss him out the next, forget the service he's done, we've the young English lad now. He's worthless.

I saw a very disturbing side of some City fans, and unfortunately it's not a minority view.
The new Chelsea fc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.