Shay Given to Arsenal (merged)

Re: we've agreed to let Shay Given join Arsenal

IrishMacca said:
mccity said:
I could be miles out here, but I don't think Hart is definitely the established first choice keeper yet. He just got the nod for the game against Spurs. Like Hart said, it may be different against Liverpool, Given could play for all we know. It could be due to impressing in training or whatever happens in the Timisoara game, maybe even rotation to test Given out.

I doubt Given would leave this soon after being put on the bench for one game. If he hasn't played by the time we've got past the Sunderland game, then we may let him go.

Haha..Good one. Now that the media are in a frenzy there's no looking back now. Had VDS, Given, Cech, any of the top keepers put in a display like that, it'd be lucky to be mentioned, instead of dominating the back of the papers. The English media has spoken, and if it hadn't all ready like some of ye believe, it certainly has now.

Why do you support an English club when you see English conspiracies out to get the Irish at every turn.

This debate centres around one thing, and one thing only - Given being Irish. It's extremely transparent and tiresome.

Like another poster said, you need to decide if you support Ireland or City.

IrishMacca said:
mccity said:
I could be miles out here, but I don't think Hart is definitely the established first choice keeper yet. He just got the nod for the game against Spurs. Like Hart said, it may be different against Liverpool, Given could play for all we know. It could be due to impressing in training or whatever happens in the Timisoara game, maybe even rotation to test Given out.

I doubt Given would leave this soon after being put on the bench for one game. If he hasn't played by the time we've got past the Sunderland game, then we may let him go.

Haha..Good one. Now that the media are in a frenzy there's no looking back now. Had VDS, Given, Cech, any of the top keepers put in a display like that, it'd be lucky to be mentioned, instead of dominating the back of the papers. The English media has spoken, and if it hadn't all ready like some of ye believe, it certainly has now.

-- Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:17 am --

speccybob 8 said:
If he hasn't done enough to earn the spot in the team then how come Hart was named in the PFA team of last season? Take off the blinkers pal

At a different club, he has not done enough against Given, and Given certainly hasn't done enough to be benched.

So Joe Hart deserved to be dropped under Hughes in the place of Given did he??

IrishMacca said:
leewill31 said:
so we treat hart the same way instead?

To earn the jersey another player has to loose it, and there needs to be a reason for him to loose it.
Not age, not nationality, not because of a change of managers. An actual reason, ability based. Which there is not. Hart is not better than Given, he is not more experienced, he is not more consistant or reliable. He is not proven, and has not done enough to take the jersey off a player who has only been outstanding for us.
The best players should play, unfortunately this is not the case.

given got injured and was not playing thus he missed his chance to establish himself as no.1 from the end of season to the middle of pre season, hart showed desire when he came back a week early to claim his place as no.1 and of one game so far has proven to be the right choice.

IrishMacca said:
mccity said:

speccybob 8 said:
If he hasn't done enough to earn the spot in the team then how come Hart was named in the PFA team of last season? Take off the blinkers pal

At a different club, he has not done enough against Given, and Given certainly hasn't done enough to be benched.

He was voted, by his fellow pro's, number one in the league. How is that not enough against Given?

IrishMacca said:

Completely laughable.

Interstate 5 said:
How many people on here still haven't seen even the highlights from Saturday, or read the reports and seen who was Man Of the Match?

Did Mancini make a mess of that as well?

And how many times has Given put in a display like that. Count Hart's on one had. Given has a room full I'd say. But, hey, the way people talk on here, I'm actually beginning to believe that they didn't notice. Like Is said, had any other keeper put in that display it would have been lucky to make the papers, or be mentioned on here had it been Given. But it is well clear who the City favourite is.

Kinky by name said:
leewill31 said:
it would be madness to drop hart after the spurs game and i would wonder what the hell is going on in Mancini's head if he did this!

I agree mate it was a stunning performance but I can't help feeling that nothing makes IrishMacca's point better than this... why drop Given in the first place?

Because Hart is a better goalkeeper.

speccybob 8 said:
IrishMacca said:

He was voted, by his fellow pro's, number one in the league. How is that not enough against Given?

And if you had a list of some of the players who've won that in the past, well, it wouldn't stand as a great arguement.

Kinky by name said:
leewill31 said:
it would be madness to drop hart after the spurs game and i would wonder what the hell is going on in Mancini's head if he did this!

I agree mate it was a stunning performance but I can't help feeling that nothing makes IrishMacca's point better than this... why drop Given in the first place?

my point above top of page kinky imho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.