shay off to villa

Who will we sign as a number 2?

KWestwood said he wanted to leave Cov at the end of last season didn't he!? Northenden lad, City fan too! Stint two at the club for him maybe!?

Really unfortunate timing for Given. Signs for City just as Hart makes a meteoric rise at Birmingham and usurps him at the end of the season. Wish him well, quality keeper, but once Hart stepped up we were always going to replace Given with a similarly talented keeper who happens to be over a decade younger.

danburge82 said:

KWestwood said he wanted to leave Cov at the end of last season didn't he!? Northenden lad, City fan too! Stint two at the club for him maybe!?

Already gone to Sunderland, he considered us but wanted first team football, which is the problem in luring a decent keeper. Doni, who is about to join Liverpool from Roma, would have been a good #2 - maybe we can do a late hijack, the meltdown on RAWK would be epic.

LoveCity said:
danburge82 said:

Already gone to Sunderland, he considered us but wanted first team football, which is the problem in luring a decent keeper. Doni, who is about to join Liverpool from Roma, would have been a good #2 - maybe we can do a late hijack, the meltdown on RAWK would be epic.
Oh right!

Yeah would be funny to get another RAWK link where Billy Scouse posts on the Tuesday "he's deifinately signing for Liverpool, he's a great player" and then have him post on the Friday "he's signed for City, he was shite anyway!"

I wish him the best of luck. Although in my opinion It was a poor decision to sign him in the first place, at the time it put the breaks on Joe's development and only served to knock his confidence. He left on loan, grew an affection towards Birmingham and appeared slightly embittered when asked about returning to City in interviews.

We got 18 months out of Shay until Mancini made the right call and made Joe the number one. Pointless, short-sighted signing, and we make significant loss now too.

We know who we've got to thank for that.

Anyway, I always liked Given, and I wish him well. Good luck Shay.

One of my favourite City players. Shay is a star on and off the field.
Like Zabletta a role model to all youngsters.
We will miss you!
Best wishes for the future.

uncle charlie wilson said:
I wish him the best of luck. Although in my opinion It was a poor decision to sign him in the first place, at the time it put the breaks on Joe's development and only served to knock his confidence. He left on loan, grew an affection towards Birmingham and appeared slightly embittered when asked about returning to City in interviews.

We got 18 months out of Shay until Mancini made the right call and made Joe the number one. Pointless, short-sighted signing, and we make significant loss now too.

We know who we've got to thank for that.

Anyway, I always liked Given, and I wish him well. Good luck Shay.
I agree. Hughes could have fucked up Joe Hart big time. He might have signed for Arsenal if Hughes was still our manager with Hughes favouring Given (got nowt against Given apart from him being a decade too old and not that great in nets)!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.