shay off to villa

Best of luck Shay, great player and seems like a great person.

Though a bit unnerving that the 2 players that have left the club this summer aren't considered part of the "dead wood" bunch.

Sorry to see him go, but he's only got a few years left playing and understandably he didn't want to spend them on the bench.

I just hope we get someone in who will be willing to be a second choice keeper, the thought of Stuart Taylor potentially playing Champions League games if Hart gets injured or suspended worries me. Someone like Sorenson or Gordon would be great, but whether they'd be willing to be second choice I don't know.

AustinBlue said:
Shay Given is a class act - could have made a fuss last year but did us proud. I wish him all the best (except when he plays us).

I agree mate, but I just hope it doesn't turn in to one of those situations where he starts slagging us off as soon as he's out of the door. I don't think he will but it seems to be popular these days for our ex players to have a pop.

Not sure it's official yet, but it's as good as.

I will genuinely miss Shay. Too good for the bench. I still believe that he is better than Hart but because we want to develop Mancini made the call that will benefit the club in the long run, I'm just sorry that it meant Given had to be sacrificed for it.
He's a top class pro and an absolute gent. A lot of players could learn a lot from him. He's incredibly professional and has done nothing but respect the club and his teammates, despite it being, no doubt, an incredibly difficult year for him.

A top class goalie and I wish him all the best.....just maybe not against us. (Try not to make us look like complete muppets for selling you)

One of the few players I genuinely like these days, most are spoiled rotten brats, but this lad was always a role model, on and off the field.
He's from the last generation of players, sadly there's very few of them left these days. (How many others in our team would genuinely welcome a pay cut to play for a different team.)

Good luck Shay, you genuinely deserve it. I expect nothing but a warm welcome when you come visit next season.
You could always tell that he genuinely liked the club and all involved and he was very well liked in the team as well.
Sad to see such a leader go, but it was inevitable.

A lot of our clowns could learn from him.

Once a Blue, always a Blue.

Thanks, ta ra, all the best. Good luck except when you play us. Few others could learn some dignity from you. Hope this works out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.