Shay

christen at St Marks said:
On form he is a good shot stopper but a shit goalkeeper,he has never given me confidence and has always scared the hell out of me,one of the worst signings we have made and Icouldn't care what anyone else says

Granted he's not playing great at the mo. But the amount of times he has saved us this season out-weighs the times he has made blunders. Come on, against Stoke at home (Mancini's first match) he made a great save against Tuncay. As Penis said, it may have changed the game at that point.

I also agree he is a great shot stopper and not the most commanding of his box, but saying he is the worst signing is just plain wrong imo. I'm sure McManaman or Ben Thatcher are two in that bracket! Not Mr Given.

He's never won anything with anybody. He's a good shot stopper - end of. On Saturday him hoofing the ball needlessly out of play led to the Delap throw in which in turn led to the Stoke goal. Last night he should have done better with Whelans drive from way out and again crumbled in the last minute - something he seems very good at. He's a bottler. Bring Joe back - he's younger, more passionate and he's not making the gaffs at Birmingham that we're seeing all the time from Given.

mr t said:
He's never won anything with anybody. He's a good shot stopper - end of. On Saturday him hoofing the ball needlessly out of play led to the Delap throw in which in turn led to the Stoke goal. Last night he should have done better with Whelans drive from way out and again crumbled in the last minute - something he seems very good at. He's a bottler. Bring Joe back - he's younger, more passionate and he's not making the gaffs at Birmingham that we're seeing all the time from Given.

Pretty much bang on the money especially the bottler bit, takes the easy, safe option every time!

if we get 4th place then hart should be recalled he just needs a bit of competition for the shirt.

MCFC87 said:
On form he is a good shot stopper but a shit goalkeeper,he has never given me confidence and has always scared the hell out of me,one of the worst signings we have made and Icouldn't care what anyone else says

Granted he's not playing great at the mo. But the amount of times he has saved us this season out-weighs the times he has made blunders. Come on, against Stoke at home (Mancini's first match) he made a great save against Tuncay. As Penis said, it may have changed the game at that point.

I also agree he is a great shot stopper and not the most commanding of his box, but saying he is the worst signing is just plain wrong imo. I'm sure McManaman or Ben Thatcher are two in that bracket! Not Mr Given.
Sorry I meant recent signings, since the money came in the worst is obviously is back home in Brazil, and yes he has saved us many times but equally he has cost us,mainly in the confidence of the defence,he just scares the shit out of me and I wish he didn't

n form he is a good shot stopper but a shit goalkeeper,he has never given me confidence and has always scared the hell out of me,one of the worst signings we have made and Icouldn't care what anyone else says.

Sorry I meant recent signings, since the money came in the worst is obviously is back home in Brazil, and yes he has saved us many times but equally he has cost us,mainly in the confidence of the defence,he just scares the shit out of me and I wish he didn't

I'm so glad you are so far away in Perth. The thought of being in the same stadium as you at a match is intolerable.

johnny crossan said:
n form he is a good shot stopper but a shit goalkeeper,he has never given me confidence and has always scared the hell out of me,one of the worst signings we have made and Icouldn't care what anyone else says.

I'm so glad you are so far away in Perth. The thought of being in the same stadium as you at a match is intolerable.
head well and truly stuck in the sand, sorry for having an opinion what you dont like hold on no I'm not

Deary me the guys having a dodgy spell of which ALL goalkeepers have at some point FFS get off his back. Or will Shay become the latest boo boy some of the criticism on this thread is fuckin scandalous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.