Shay

The bottom line is that he is a great shot stopper but does not command his box well and is crap at coming out for the ball. We should have lost that game last night and he should have saved both goals

christen at St Marks said:
johnny crossan said:
I'm so glad you are so far away in Perth. The thought of being in the same stadium as you at a match is intolerable.
head well and truly stuck in the sand, sorry for having an opinion what you dont like hold on no I'm not
Mancio said:
C'mon mate ... you have taken it wrong !!
I'm italian-interist and mancini lover like you , but you are really wronging !!
Follow me ! 2 month that i'm reading this forum and I must say that I have never enjoyed so much on the internet!
Here are a sea of comics, better than going to the circus to see the performing seals!
also because the seals understand football much more than 90% of users who write on BlueMoon :=)

I am going to post this Mancio gem every time I see one of your bizarre contributions my strange little Antipodean friend - has that ball fallen off your nose yet?

severin said:
The bottom line is that he is a great shot stopper but does not command his box well and is crap at coming out for the ball. We should have lost that game last night and he should have saved both goals

Was it shay's fault that Adam johnson gave the ball away so easily for the eventual goal? no... if johnson would of kept the ball and looked for the pass it wouldn't of been 1-0 to them... sure the game would probably of ended up 0-0 anyway as it was awful but meh

Shay is undoubtably one of the best, but what worries me is that since Hughes went he has appeared a bit lethergic and his body language seems a bit off - culminating in last nights mistake. Bigger picture for me is that he isn't alone, same could be said of Bellamy, Wright-Phillips and despite recent criticism of the previous regime - Ireland.

Not quite as bad as the Adebayor thread, but were getting there. Still missing a few xenophobic jibes about his heritage.

Without that lad between the sticks, we'd be lucky to be in mid table, never mind fourth for fucks sake.

fbloke said:
ono said:
No keepers are perfect though. Hart should have done better with the goal he conceded against Derby, yet no one mentions it.

I've seen little mention of Adam Johnson's wild miscued clearance that led to the shot in the first place.

There aren't many better than Shay and he saved us a lot of points earlier on in the season. He's hit a slightly rough patch, but he'll bounce back...if we support him and don't get on his back like we seem to with every player who struggles.

Funnily enough, many rate Buffon as the best in the world but he dropped some absolute clangers at weekend against Genoa. 2 of which led to goals.

Thats because Buffon is on his way to City and has made his frustration public for all to hear.

Its not ideal but in some ways understandable that his mind is on being elsewhere.

Maybe Shat suspects the same as well?
Is it bollocks, it's because he took his eye off the ball as it skidded off the surface and he fumbled the ball in to the path of the Genoa forward who rolled it into the net. Nothing to do with any imaginary impending move to City. It happens.

that is the million dollar question B B B the club is too soft to nice they have got to change the mentality throughout, i could go on about it but i think you understand?
big blueballs said:
he is not on his own, why is it when supposed top players pull on a city shirt they suddenly become average?

mancunial said:
that is the million dollar question B B B the club is too soft to nice they have got to change the mentality throughout, i could go on about it but i think you understand?
big blueballs said:
he is not on his own, why is it when supposed top players pull on a city shirt they suddenly become average?
Because a lot of people base their own opinions of a player around a certain football manager game, without ever really watching him.

Or sometimes they tag on to some punditry genius who believes a certain players is really good. Only when you actually have the chance to watch a player week in week out, do you really get to know how good he is.

Most fans of City probably don't get to see other players week in week out.

An example of this would be a couple of Villa season ticket holders who i work with. Both told me that Barry was merely average wheras i thought he was a very good player. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but it's easy to over-rate players you don't see week in week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.