Shay

Blue Tooth said:
This thread is unbelievable.
Shay Given has been outstanding all season and yes he dropped a bollock tonight...He'll know that and he won't drop another one anytime soon.
Agreed, not many of us are happy with his form over the last few games but some of the comments on here are very harsh!

Mr Partridge said:
Ric said:
Very good keeper, going through a bad patch. A couple of months ago people on here were eulogising about him being the best in the league. Why have our fans become so fucking fickle?

I lost count of the number of times I saw him described as "Hughes best signing".

Yes but don't forget that all Hughes signing were shit. Ipso facto its Hughes fault we conceded, etc etc, blah blah blah.

just watched their goal, viera not quick enough to stop the cross and i dont know how johnson scuffed it!! to be honest he could have taken a touch!!! and shay should have saved it

Blue Tooth said:
OrigamiNinja said:
You should change your name to blue tinted specs!

He cost us the game on Saturday and he has done the same tonight. He is more afraid of crosses than Dracula and cant pass water. So all in all should be a shoe in for fans player of the year!

I think you'll find Stephen Ireland losing his man allowed Stoke to get a draw on Sat...not Shay's fault...but like you said...all opinion...can't help it if your's are shite ;)

If you are a keeper facing a long throw in/free kick/corner into your area would you stick Stevie Ireland on Fuller? No, neither would I but Shay did!

It was Given who put the ball out of play for the throw in despite being unde very little pressure, in fact he could have put it anywhere but decided to put it out of play within Delaps range!

When the throw comes in Givens starting position is 4 yards off his line, he has a choice, he can move forward 2 yards and collect the high ball or he can take the shithouse option and retreat 4 yards back on to his line and stand there, arms by his side as he watches yet another point blank range header go flying past him! Which option did he take?

Who needs opinions when I have the use of my eyes?

Shay has been in outstanding form as a shot stopper all season but I've never been convinced with his ability to command his area and claim catches. In Mancini's first ever press conference before the boxing day game v Stoke he was asked how we would combat Delap's long throws and he replied that the goalkeeper would come for the ball. This was his immediate response and I liked the fact that he obviously wanted his keeper to be in complete control of his area. I'm begining to wonder if Shay is now being asked to commit himself more and it's causing his all round game to become more uncomfortable.

Given has saved us a lot since he has been here but it makes you think how many goals we wouldnt have conceded if he had commanded his box or come out for crosses.Some people are blinded by the saves he makes but in reality he is not as good an all round keeper as many people think.

Very harsh posts on Given. He has been outstanding for City nearly every game until the last 4 or 5.
Bad run yes. Bollocks no. Still the best goalkeeper in the Premiership in my opinion.

I think the whole team have an Old Trafford Derby day hangover. I was there that day and I was gutted like the rest of us. Truly depressed. However all I can do is show up and watch. The players have a chance to put it right.
I hope they do soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.