Sheff Utd post match thread

When Pep was quoted as saying that he had learned something from watching Sheff Utd's performances, I can only assume that it was firmly " tongue in cheek ".

They work fucking hard for each other, but their tactics are fucking crude and downright thuggish ( if last night was a true reflection ) . If Mason had been anything but an utter cnut , Besic would have been given a red for that blatant assault on LaPorte, and their were others which were very close too, the foul on Fernandinho comes to mind.

They are doing very well indeed to be where they are in the table, but imo Pep would want to learn fuck all from their performance other than togetherness perhaps.

That game was like the disgrace away at Cardiff where we were so fucking lucky not to pick up serious injuries.

And Mason was in charge i believe for that one also, the FA cup game. Needs a new dossier to have him removed from our games as he always screws us over. Last game 2-1 win v Southampton, allowed them to time waste from the 1st minute yet when we went 2-1 up in the 87th minute he found time after that to book Eddy for time wasting

They really aren’t.

encroachment only results in a retaken penalty if the encroaching player touches the ball. This has happened 3 times this season, twice in our favour.
Keeper being off his line is down to the linesman to decree. VAR was taken off this following the debacles at the Women’s World Cup.
Pedant here, but if the keeper is off the line then that is encroachment? Therefore the encroaching player that touches the ball is the keeper?

They really aren’t.

encroachment only results in a retaken penalty if the encroaching player touches the ball. This has happened 3 times this season, twice in our favour.
Keeper being off his line is down to the linesman to decree. VAR was taken off this following the debacles at the Women’s World Cup.
FIFA overruled them and said encroachment had to be subject to VAR.

Pedant here, but if the keeper is off the line then that is encroachment? Therefore the encroaching player that touches the ball is the keeper?

The encroachment law is not relevant to the keeper. The Premier League and Champions League have decided to let linesmen make that call, overruling IFAB’s instructions.

FIFA overruled them and said encroachment had to be subject to VAR.

Encroachment is subject to VAR following a player becoming active by touching the ball.

The keeper on his line rule isn’t subject to VAR in the Premier League and the Champions League.

Encroachment is subject to VAR following a player becoming active by touching the ball.

The keeper on his line rule isn’t subject to VAR in the Premier League and the Champions League.
Where does it say that?

Premier League website says otherwise.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1293321

What will the VAR do when a penalty is being taken?

The VAR can intervene for a clear and obvious error by the on-field match officials relating to goalkeeper movement, a double touch by the penalty taker, feigning at the point of the kick, and encroachment that has a direct impact.

Working last night so listened to GMR, and it felt mostly drama free. Have just watched a replay of the game and I enjoyed it (knowing the result perhaps helped), a proper game of football. I thought we played well by and large, our defending the best its been all season, and we had to do a fair bit even though they didn't create many openings there were a lot of balls to defend. Henderson is the best keeper we've played against and he kept them in it, especially first half.

Ederson 7
Fernandhino 8
Otamendi 8
Laporte 8
Walker 7
Zinchenko 7
Rodri 7
KdB 8
Mahrez 8
Jesus 6
Sterling 7 (more than Jesus just for his workrate)

Aguero 8
Garcia 7

I've never been a fan of 3 CB's but this feels right, and it allows us to get forward quicker with Walker and Mahrez working well together.

Last edited:
Just an observation. Reviewing the match day thread last night, the level of player abuse is staggering and disgusting. Raheem and Gabriel might as well be war criminals, the level of vitriolic abusive shit that was being thrown at them. These are our players, they make mistakes, they have patches of bad form, it happens, always has and always will. Spoiled fucking brats doesn’t come close. I appreciate at the home games the ground is too quiet, but sooner that than if all the moaning miserable cunnts on here turned up. Unfuckingbelievable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.