Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Well. Just how often is this guy Rodri going to save our arses?

To be fair, though, I'm overstating it. When it was 1-1, I looked at the table. I thought, “Ok, this is our Nottingham Forest game. I accept it. We're in the leading pack, level on points with everyone, level on goal difference. I'll take it.”
We would still have been well set up for the coming weeks.
But then, put yourself in the mind of an Arsenal supporter. An Arsenal player. Put yourself in the mind ofArteta. Their dropping of two points yesterday would have looked very, very different, in the light of this, a game we were expected to win.
They must have hoped. For about two minutes. It just must be soul destroying for the chasing pack.

I know he scored. But I'm a bit worried about Erling. It's not as if he's missing absolute sitters, most of the time. But last year, he was scoring from any half-chance, sometimes from a quarter-chance. That's not happening. Let's hope it clicks.
I hear what you are saying but if Erling scores a goal a game for the rest of the season I'll be happy

Horrible game,i couldn't wait for it to be over......and then 7 more inexplicable mins to endure at the end!

Motm Rodri,closely followed by Kovacic.

Haaland needed that goal,although he would never hide.

Alvarez looking something of a square peg.

Do the Grealish booboys (and girls,trans etc.) never learn?

Gvardiol is one smooth.cool,and exceptionally talented,21 year old.

Dias a rock,as ever.

Even in such a small cameo,Phil made a big difference.

3 great points,move on!

Yes it was exactly the game I feared, horrible.

You tell me. Two more pens that weren't given anyway. I know the first of the two you could argue Haaland ran into the defender but that doesn't give him the right to wrestle Haaland to the floor. Second one was more of the same but worse as there were two players on him. Anywhere else on the park they're free kicks and probably yellow cars all day long. On top of all the other times they had hold of him.

The thing I don't get is why Rashford gets one for the slightest hint of a touch on him, yet our player can get wrestled to the ground twice and they're not fouls. So serious question, what is and what isn't?
Wearing a red shirt - any contact is a pen.
Wearing a blue shirt - assault and battery - play on

We're absolutely lacking quality in midfield from an attacking situation
After an hour or so they mentioned the stats, something like 26 shots by City, zero from Sheff U so yeah...

WTF are you lot on? Why do we always get this crap unless we're cruising to a 5-0 win? If there's ever been a better top flight team than this one I haven't seen it, and they're breaking records on almost a weekly basis. I just don't understand what you want out of them.

He thought he'd be clever but it backfired badly. There was a City player there but no way he's expecting him to back heel it, then it was short. A ludicrous decision with ten minutes to go. We still had chances to clear it but our defence was all over the place.

WALKER should know better, but everybody has a brain fart from time to time
Look we won and we are still in that place of finding our fitness and a settled team so not too much to moan about other than can we get Pep in a wheelchair for the game against Fulham

Wearing a red shirt - any contact is a pen.
Wearing a blue shirt - assault and battery - play on
Yes I know, what I'm saying is from the FA/PL point of view what is the rational explanation? I'd just like somebody to come out and explain why, given of course that they're not going to admit they're bent and biased.

You tell me. Two more pens that weren't given anyway. I know the first of the two you could argue Haaland ran into the defender but that doesn't give him the right to wrestle Haaland to the floor. Second one was more of the same but worse as there were two players on him. Anywhere else on the park they're free kicks and probably yellow cars all day long. On top of all the other times they had hold of him.

The thing I don't get is why Rashford gets one for the slightest hint of a touch on him, yet our player can get wrestled to the ground twice and they're not fouls. So serious question, what is and what isn't?
All shirt colour dependant

I wasn’t too concerned today as I always thought we’d score unlike other games where we could play all day and not score.we created loads and it was only a matter of time. Their equaliser still gave us over 10 minutes to score a winner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.