Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

During around the 77th minute in yesterday's game when Dias blocked a Sheffield Shot, Haaland turned around and yelled something at Dias which in turn made Dias do a dismissive hand gesture at Haaland. I wonder what was said.
"We're stopping off at a cracking chippy on the way back over the Snake Pass Erl. You having Pudding, Chips, Peas and Gravy again ....... Oh, and same for yer Dad?"

I agree on Brentford, a great scouting system and done fantastic. Bournemouth have spent huge sums and still struggles to stay up (as I said earlier whenever I see them I find them quite a cynical team). We do need to become more attack minded (not too much), but given the pre season we have had it may take a bit of time. How about if you give us Mcatee, we promise not to park the bus at he Etihad?!
Somehow i dont believe you about your intended tactics at our place!
And, for the record, I think you're alright pal. I have met a few Bladesmen over the years and found them to be decent and sound bunch of lads!

Perhaps if the gulf in resources between those at the top and bottom of the Premier League wasn't so huge - and getting bigger - there would be fewer games where teams parked the bus. Whilst ever this is the case you will see this happen.
The reason we parked the bus for so long is because it took an hour for City to score. I was almost relieved when Haaland scored, it was becoming inevitable and it forced us to try and get into the game. If we had played differently we would have probably lost by four or five.
I do respect Manchester City , they are the best team in Premier League history, but it is important that football remains a competitive game.
I hate coming up against 10 men behind the ball week in week out, but I in no way blame Sheffield United for adopting whatever tactics you deem fit.
It is City’s job to contend with that and my admiration for Pep and the team’s application of our own tactics grows season on season, when I see subtle changes in play. Even changing things within the same game going short to long, mixing things up.

I get a kick out of listening to commentators trying to articulate what he has done differently here, game after game, season after season.

Pep is the best manager I have ever seen in the game and we are blessed to have him, but so is the league. So many teams at every level of football are adopting tactics that you can see he brought to the PL.
Ball retention and not panicking in small triangles at the back has become so widespread. I’ve seen it at every level of football.

Ferguson’s United team did dominate, but to my mind the fact that he was a bully and had too much influence ( I’ll leave it at that) in the league, skewed things in their favour unlike what City have to contend with.
Make no mistake, the off field rubbish you are spoon fed about City is highly orchestrated.

I too hope the PL remains competitive but fairly so.
I wish to see City raise the bar again and have to pull performances out of their locker that continue to exceed anything we’ve watched before.
I just like watching good football on a level playing field.

The only thing I’d say about The Blades tactics the other day is that you bordered on giving away at least one other penalty as you got over physical.
You got away with it against us. Good luck with that against any of the red tops.
In all honesty though I say good luck to you. It was an honest performance from your team. They had a game plan and it nearly worked, but a bit of lack of experience perhaps relaxing after you scored.
City don’t settle for draws. The effort you put in for 85 mins was need all the way. One lapse of concentration and we were back on top and never going to give up that lead.

Frustration does come into it, watching City trying to breakdown a team every other week, but if you want to be the best then that’s what you have to contend with. I am enjoying seeing new challenges that are keeping things fresh.

Last edited:
I can guarantee we will play like that v Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Newcastle and maybe Chelsea. Ok, you can say we will lose, I'm not so sure because at home we're very tough to beat. Against anyone in this league we'll be keeping it tight out of possession, maybe not quite as deep, but not far off.
See my response to the other Blades fan on here.
I say good luck to you against the red tops, your tactics were sound and nearly worked, however I think you would have given at least one other penalty away against any of them.

Blue tinted shades on perhaps, but we don’t get penalties as easy as some of the aforementioned teams………
And then we miss the ones we do get.

Last edited:
I hate coming up against 10 men behind the ball week in week out, but I in no way blame Sheffield United for adopting whatever tactics you deem fit.
It is City’s job to contend with that and my admiration for Pep and the team’s application of our own tactics grows season on season, when I see subtle changes in play. Even changing things within the same game going short to long, mixing things up.

I get a kick out of listening to commentators trying to articulate what he has done differently here, game after game, season after season.

Pep is the best manager I have ever seen in the game and we are blessed to have him, but so is the league. So many teams at every level of football are adopting tactics that you can see he brought to the PL.
Ball retention and not panicking in small triangles at the back has become so widespread. I’ve seen it at every level of football.

Ferguson’s United team did dominate, but to my mind the fact that he was a bully and had too much influence ( I’ll leave it at that) in the league, skewed things in their favour unlike what City have to contend with.
Make no mistake, the off field rubbish you are spoon fed about City is highly orchestrated.

I wish to see City raise the bar again and have to pull performances out of their locker that continue to exceed anything we’ve watched before.

The only thing I’d say about The Blades tactics the other day is that you bordered on giving away at least one other penalty as you got over physical.
You got away with it against us. Good luck with that against any of the red tops.
In all honesty though I say good luck to you. It was an honest performance from your team. They had a game plan and it nearly worked, but a bit of lack of experience perhaps relaxing after you scored.
City don’t settle for draws. The effort you put in for 85 mins was need all the way. One lapse of concentration and we were back on top and never going to give up that lead.

Frustration does come into it, watching City trying to breakdown a team every other week, but if you want to be the best then that’s what you have to contend with. I am enjoying seeing new challenges that are keeping things fresh.
Great comments. Yes, Pep is a fantastic manager, and to donit at three different clubs is an incredible achievement. My hope is that Kyle Walker returns to his boyhood club to finish off his career. He got a great reception on Sunday from United fans.

Yeah; I can't really blame them for parking the bus. If they'd had a go at us, we'd have slaughtered them. Let's be frank (I hope Frank doesn't mind), they have a mediocre squad (even the Blades fans on here would admit that). Their best chance of staying up is to grind out enough narrow wins against clubs around them. Losing to us, the dips, Arsenal, Newcastle etc won't send them down. Does it make for attractive games? Fuck no; that game on sunday was not a great example of the beautiful game. Blades fans better get used to it, though.

Just watched the pitcam view on the city webpage, and how there was no penalty giving for the blatant fouling of Haaland from the corners beggars belief. Numerous times, but he was grabbed around the neck in one incident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.