Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

No way was it awful, don’t get the criticism, we can’t win every game regardless of the opposition, I wish people could just enjoy every season and accept no team in the world can be flawless. I’ve been going to City since 1969 and sen some proper shite but I’ve met some great mates through supporting my club.
Some of our newer fans are spoiled. Definitely. They've never had to endure Lee Bradbury, or Ged Brannan, or Bobby Shinton, or Jimmy Conway. Trust me chaps; it hasn't always been like the last decade.

Hello my City friends . Just got back from beautiful downtown Bramall Lane and I trust you all had a fun day out . It’s the hope that kills you in football and so was the case today . I thought we surprised a few with nil at half time by the grace of god . I know know I will get slaughtered on here but it wasn’t a pen . Where for FS do you put your arms stretching for that block . Anyway we dodged that bullet only for giraffe neck to do us . Kyle was blades man of the match for us again with his assist but once again we mastered our downfall. No bitching about refs/bar as it makes f**k all difference . Hope you found the lane like Maine Rd in the old days . My City other half will at least let me sleep in the same room tonight . Good luck for the rest of the season though you won’t need it and we will try and spanner the toon for you .
Up the blades ⚔️⚔️⚔️

Some of our newer fans are spoiled. Definitely. They've never had to endure Lee Bradbury, or Ged Brannan, or Bobby Shinton, or Jimmy Conway. Trust me chaps; it hasn't always been like the last decade.
Jimmy Conway was a good fella though.

Genuinely can’t get my nut round some of you.

Walker daftness aside we were in complete control and on any other day we score 4 or 5.

Showed winning mentality and big bollocks to roar back and win in after the very late mistake.

Some of you are beyond cunts you really are.
So many wums and rags on here it’s ridiculous.

rodri-275328-16x9.jpg

Dunno what to make of that. We totally dominated, but aside from the Viking who should've had four, we were woeful in front of goal.

I just knew Haaland was gonna miss the penalty. Opportunities he was burying for fun last season were uncharacteristically being squandered. He's finding how hard the PL really is, now he's no longer an unknown quantity to teams who'd never faced him before.

It's now up to Erling to vastly improve his football technique in the build up, & find different ways to combat the brutal, bloodthirsty CB's he's coming up against every week.

Rodri was a bit all over the place in the first 30 minutes, & for all our territorial & possession dominance, we weren't creative enough through the centre or from either flank.

We need better width options on the right than Walker. Also Grealish cutting back in onto his right is becoming all too predictable.

The three times Jack crossed with his left, one went nowhere, the second finally got Erling his headed goal, & Haaland just missed the last one with his head in a near replica of his goal. We need to be able to supply our forwards from the byline & from widemen cutting back on their stronger foot, not just one or the other.

On another note, where's our cut backs from the byline gone? This used to be our signature goal move, but it seems to have disappeared over the last 12 months. Are we going more direct to maximise Haaland's opportunities?

Sheffield Utd were defensively well drilled & solid, & were tough to get through. We weren't tested defensively until after Haaland scored, but then we suddenly looked shaky at the back.

My arse fell out of my trouser bottom when they scored so late! I just thought it was gonna be one of those days, but with the late introduction of Foden, we suddenly looked creative & dangerous through the centre! What an instant difference Phil made!

Gutted Doku didn't get a run out, but with the match being so finely balanced, perhaps it wasn't right to throw him in at the deep end.

I'd love us to get Ezé before the window closes, as we need more creativity, pace & jeopardy in our forward & wide play. If Pep wants Nunes, I'm cool with that too, but we urgently need to address the Philips situation, as it's glaringly obvious now that he's surplus to requirements, & Nunes only makes sense to me playing deeper as Rodri's rotation/backup.

Hopefully Akanji's injury will clear up for next week, & Foden's attack of the shits will dry up too. I actually missed Baldy today. I didn't realise how settling his presence in the technical box is. Somehow, we don't seem complete without our Catalan meerkat bouncing about on the sidelines! ¯⁠\⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠_⁠/⁠¯

All in all, we got the job done & showed some steel in Sheffield (JUST), so roll on Fulham at home next Saturday. )(

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.