Sheffield United (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Poor finishing can happen, and everybody dislikes that lol.

But to say we didnt dominate them confounds my mind.

We absolutely did, had the ball basically the whole time, made loads of chances, minimize theirs until last 10 mins when they just sent everybody up.

Wasnt perfect, but some on here upset at our players are ridiculous.
Where did I say we didn't dominate or play well? Don't start inventing things. The finishing should have been better. They scored 1 and should have had another at the far post which only came through careless defending

Why didn't Walker come back on the pitch after his brain fart? Did he really think he couldn't affect offside if he was off the pitch?

"A defending player who leaves the field of play without the referee’s permission shall be considered to be on the goal line or touchline for the purposes of offside until the next stoppage in play or until the defending team has played the ball towards the halfway line and it is outside its penalty area."
Think he was worrying too much about settling up the winner.

From what I have seen so far, it does concern me a bit as to where the goals are coming from this season in the absence of Gundogan De Bruybe and Mahrez.
Nice try!

528x300.jpg

Under the current laws of the game, it was definitely a penalty. Now; you can argue all you like about the rules. And I wouldn't be unsympathetic towards you on that score. But the incident met all the criteria for a penalty these days. Your giraffe neck comment; I understand that some will find it funny, I guess. I don't, particularly. Maybe that's just me with my Victor Meldrew hat on, though. I wasn't impressed with really your rough house tactics. But I guess you've got to do whatever it takes to get a result. You wouldn't have deserved a result, though, based on the stats and the chances we missed (not even counting the penalty). And your keeper chucking in a MOTM display for you. Anyway; all the best for the season. Though I feel it could be a long slog for you.
Reality is we are a low budget outfit with an owner who doesn’t care . Being a blade you live with it

I had a few beers with sheff utd supporters all very welcoming and knowledgeable about our past and support not your usual you buy everything and everyone

How does pace helps you against 10 men in the box defending like a shooting squad is waiting for them if they concede. Eze's value would drop 95% the first time he encounters defence like SU today or WHU on Saturday. Ask Jack who has been constantly harassed and kicked and tugged by 2-3 defenders
You'll soon see with Doku. An explosive burst of pace over the first 5-10 metres can tear a hole in the space time continuum, never mind Sheffield Utd's 10-man defence stood on the 18 yard line.

The rest is down to attackers being in the right position, & the delivery. Today we were seriously lacking in both respects.

Jack also needs to practice crossing with his left peg. Cutting back onto his right has become too predictable, so it comes as no surprise our opening goal against a packed low block defence came from his left footed cross.

Haaland could have scored a second header with a slightly more accurate left footed cross from Jack a little later on too.

Ground that one out. I thought it was Forest all over again but it’s what Champions do - we win when not firing on all cylinders. Attacking Set pieces was a big disappointment today for me as we looked lost without KDB Gundo or Mahrez. New boys look solid and at home straight away but not sure what the point of Lillo was? Never saw him say anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.