Sheffield United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Just got home. Did what we had to against a team with no ambition, other than keep the score down. What a player we have in Oscar, looks every part a first team player. Loved his introduction, and some trust by Pep. He knows he’s ready. Rodri just sensational. Not his biggest fan, but thought Kova was excellent. I wish the fans around me would lay off Gvardiol. Judge the lad in his proper position. Kevin’s warm up loudest cheer of the game!
Rodders is pure class, love the fact he scored that goal in Istanbul and once again he scored a “thunderbasterd” love him to bits. He’s class.

Considering writing to the Premier league asking them to refund 50% of my admmission money , it takes two teams to make a game of football and every other week we have to play dross like Sheff Utd contributing f*ck all to a match.
Even at 1-0 or 2-0 they dont alter their tactics , they accept defeat and just want a respectable score line , same old shit playing against low block/ten behind the ball , maybe its a compliment that teams approach games that way at the Etihad , but its not easy on the eye.
But i am looking forward to the Burnley game at least Vinnie's team tries to play football and i dont see him changing his principles.
I know you've been going to games for years.
I know you've seen some of the dross served up at Maine Road and the City of Manchester/Etihad.
Teams outside the top 6/7 just aren't going to try and play at our place - it's damage limitation - especially when you're fighting to stay up.
That's SUCCESS

Just got home. Did what we had to against a team with no ambition, other than keep the score down. What a player we have in Oscar, looks every part a first team player. Loved his introduction, and some trust by Pep. He knows he’s ready. Rodri just sensational. Not his biggest fan, but thought Kova was excellent. I wish the fans around me would lay off Gvardiol. Judge the lad in his proper position. Kevin’s warm up loudest cheer of the game!
Agree mostly, but re Gvardiol, will playing him in his proper position improve his aerial combativeness, will it make him stronger in 50/50s, will it give him more recovery pace, will it make his passing more accurate?

No idea if this is true but would make sense given he was subbed can anyone confirm or deny

Attachments

• 20231230_224926.jpg
    20231230_224926.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 128
Shef U seemed to settle for a 2-0 defeat.
constant long ball kicking as well from the goalie - just not going to work in modern premier league football with how skillful the defenders are.

Professional.

Pleasing to see us see it out properly and realising we didn’t need to score once it went 2-0.

More like it.

Can’t believe we’ve been so far off our usual level but are only 2 off the top.

Feels like the other cunts don’t really want it.
I think what has definitely happened over the last 12 years or so of our success and particularly in the last 7 years is that sides have got better at getting results against the bigger teams by employing tactics that were developed to try and stop us. It now means that pretty much anyone and certainly sides in the top 10 can get results. West Ham at Arsenal was a perfect game strategy. Bournemouth, Brighton and Palace at the rags. Low block is hard to play against but we found a way and it works for us as we have a master tactician and flexible players who can interchange. It is dull to watch but when we win all is forgiven.

I must admit I was disappointed in Gvardiol today. Had so much of the ball and often in space but Jo positivity hoping forward or trying to beat a player. There was s period in ghe first half when Jack couldn't pass 5 yards.
Think we would have crested far more with better flank play.
But thought Ake was man of the match and the result was all jmportant. Happy new year!!
Thought Guardiola was excellent, looks so comfortable on the ball and has settled in straight away unlike a lot of other players in their first year. played some nice intelligent passes to the forwards. we have some player there.

I know you've been going to games for years.
I know you've seen some of the dross served up at Maine Road and the City of Manchester/Etihad.
Teams outside the top 6/7 just aren't going to try and play at our place - it's damage limitation - especially when you're fighting to stay up.
That's SUCCESS
This is right. I've been going to see City since '74. and seen the same. and I think it's great now. Perhaps Jimmy should go support Stockport instead

Good game I thought, really enjoyed it, not easy to score against an 11 men defence.

Is Walker just smashing them in for fun in training though cause I can't see any other justification for him constantly having a go from outside the box when his goal rate from there is 0 in 1000 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.