Sheffield United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

At 3 - 0 he would have, not 2 - 0. Remember Palace!

This is Pep you are on about, the consumate professional, best Manager in the game of all time and remains humble enough to know there is always something to learn and improve on.
I understand the why, but is there no room for a little emotion in the game anymore? Would have been a perfect chance to give Philips a last few minutes and KDB his first since trudging off at Burnley on Day 1!

That was bloody dull, you can’t blame Sheffield for setting up that way but it strangled the life out of the atmosphere they had zero ambition, onwards and upwards we go, thought we played as well as could be expected against a parked bus
On the stream I had, it had Richard Keys and Andy Grey at half time moaning about how boring City were to watch. 1: We aren't here to entertain the neutral. 2. It's not us that are boring when the opposition has all 11 players in the box and if they could they'd have all the subs on the line.

Good game I thought, really enjoyed it, not easy to score against an 11 men defence.

Is Walker just smashing them in for fun in training though cause I can't see any other justification for him constantly having a go from outside the box when his goal rate from there is 0 in 1000 games.
He scored against them at their place and I think likes the idea of scoring against his old club!! ;-)

Agree mostly, but re Gvardiol, will playing him in his proper position improve his aerial combativeness, will it make him stronger in 50/50s, will it give him more recovery pace, will it make his passing more accurate?
Even if the position doesn’t matter, time with the team may help. I can name a few players who got better under Pep, so it certainly seems possible.

Just got home. Did what we had to against a team with no ambition, other than keep the score down. What a player we have in Oscar, looks every part a first team player. Loved his introduction, and some trust by Pep. He knows he’s ready.

One of the better cameos of the season and his pass for the goal was exquisite!

Rodri just sensational.

Swiss watch, that lad! If he doesn’t win PFA Player of the Year, it can only be out of spite and the media juggernaut pushing the likes of Salah & TAA! You could put a tenner on him being MOTM EVERY WEEK and you’d be quids in by the end of the season.

He’s not fancy and he doesn’t usually get the headlines, but he has been the best player in the Premier League for almost 3 seasons straight now!

Not his biggest fan, but thought Kova was excellent.

A very nice, complementary role to Rodri today, but still drove forward. Be nice to see him grab a goal or two.

I wish the fans around me would lay off Gvardiol. Judge the lad in his proper position.

I’m not sure what the problem is with fans who don’t appreciate the quality he shows every game. I like him A LOT, even though I wasn’t a fan of paying stupid money for him. With his ability and age profile, he could be a quality bargain in the end.

Kevin’s warm up loudest cheer of the game!

Would have loved to see him get a five minute cameo, but cold, wet evening against cloggers on a slippy pitch…stay warm Kev, your time is coming!!

Last edited:
MOTD. Pretty sure this has happened before and I have rewound it tonight to double check. Why was our attendance not given at the end of the game? So far the other games have been quoted in the match facts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.