Sheffield United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

After reaching 40 points, we settled down to enjoy a bottle of Tattinger Champagne.

Winning the League Cup warrants a bottle of Cava. Winning the Premier League or the FA Cup justifies a bottle of Prosecco as does the Champions League, the Super Cup, and the World Club Cup.

But 40 points has to be Champagne!

Last edited:
That was bloody dull, you can’t blame Sheffield for setting up that way but it strangled the life out of the atmosphere they had zero ambition, onwards and upwards we go, thought we played as well as could be expected against a parked bus
I watched the game on a stream and thought we sounded great when we got singing the well known songs. Sold my ticket to a mate so his mate could go. Wish i hadn't now. Although we've played much better and walloped far better teams than Sheff United i thought we played well considering we're missing 4 key players. I enjoyed seeing 3 of our homegrown players in the first team all playing well, cant remember when we had that many youngsters in a league game.

3 Points and the momentum continues, two more wind and we have a much needed break, time to get the injured players back and the rest to have some R&R in the sun.

Our opponents are looking over their shoulders and are worrying, lovely start to the new year and more title collecting.

82% possession and we had over 900 passes.....yet we only had 4 shots on target to the 2 by Sheffield .... must do better and opportunity lost to increased GD.
A lot of shots from outside the area whistling past the post. The result of a successful low block.

Even if the position doesn’t matter, time with the team may help. I can name a few players who got better under Pep, so it certainly seems possible.
That’s true pal, and I certainly hope it happens in his case too.

It’s just that to my eyes, it seems like a case of fundamentals rather than tactical tweaks needed. But as I say, I hope you are correct.

Sheff United fans “Marcus Rashford, he’s feeding your kids”
Funny, my daughter’s not received any help from the big nosed twonk!
Not even a Happy Meal the tight arsed b@stard ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.