Sheffield United (H) - Post-Match Thread

Better after we changed the system in the second half. They really never got to grips with that.
Maybe we should be looking to buy more centre midfielders and just do away with centre halves completely.
Indeed. Commentator mentioned a defence that consisted of three midfielders and a young centre-half making his PL debut . PS. Add in Bravo - who's not a traditional goalkeeper - and you've got the recipe for a disaster for managers not named Pep Guardiola.

EM-qsG2WwAAGwS4.jpg

PEP (on 100 PL wins) It's a big compliment for the club, players and staff to achieve 100 victories. It's an incredible achievement for this incredible organisation and big compliments to all the players and staff we had during this period.

aguerosergiokun on #MCISHU: “Today we had to win. We're happy because we needed the three points. I play with good players so to score goals for me it is easy. Pep always makes sure we focus every game and we are training hard..."

“Now Liverpool is too hard. We have to focus just on winning because we need to play Champions League next season. We have to play the same way and see what happens.”

SheffieldUnited John Fleck on #ManCity opening goal: “The ref was in the way! He’s not meant to be there, it’s one of those things. No complaints. We’ve had two or three great chances - it’s not our day. I think we have done well to be where we are..."

The goal being disallowed because of the ref. Thought I read a post of yours going on and on and on - but could be wrong.

I still think it's a fucking terrible decision and if it happened against us this place would explode. I've been told by a million people that it didn't quite touch the referee so that rule is invalid, although I would imagine all the former referees tomorrow and maybe even PGMOL will say it should have been a drop ball.

He clearly gets in the way and causes us to get the ball, it is very unlucky for Sheffield and they've got every right to be aggrieved but the rules are the rules and seemingly the rules say play on if he doesn't touch it.
It makes a change for one to help us by getting in the way, because week after week they get in the way of our passes and nothing happens, sometimes I wonder if they are doing it on purpose, so I'm pleased its worked in our favour for once.

Your overview and tone sums up how I’m feeling right now, just feel meehh

Sums the season up doesn't it?

Even when we win half the games aren't really enjoyable or the team playing well, and the losses are just awful because you know how good this side can be.

I still think it's a fucking terrible decision and if it happened against us this place would explode. I've been told by a million people that it didn't quite touch the referee so that rule is invalid, although I would imagine all the former referees tomorrow and maybe even PGMOL will say it should have been a drop ball.
It didn’t touch the ref. The fact that people will still complain doesn’t surprise me one bit.
They can all fuck off. Perfectly valid goal.

The ultimate definition of "damning with faint praise"!
Lol.
I actually think he’s a decent prospect.
He has a decent touch. Seems to read situations better than some of our senior players.
Point I’m making is he’s no slower than what we have there at the moment and he has youthful legs. Counts in stamina over 90 mins.

It makes a change for one to help us by getting in the way, because week after week they get in the way of our passes and nothing happens, sometimes I wonder if they are doing it on purpose, so I'm pleased its worked in our favour for once.

For me at least — and I actually think their disallowed goal should absolutely have stood — the referee didn’t really “do” anything to help us in that incident. The Sheffield player saw where the referee was before he played the pass and the Sheffield player behind him could only run through the back of the referee to get the ball — that is a mistake by the Sheffield player attempting the pass, not the referee’s fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.