Sheffield United (H) | Post-Match Thread

They put 10 men behind the ball and defended very well. Not sure our performance was down to the personnel starting, more down to their defending. It’s a good 3 points, no injuries and now 4 points clear of the filth. What’s not to like!

Felt like we made that a lot harder than we needed to.

We should be using substitutes better.

Sure we won, and some will think i am just a moaning fucker.

My point is, when you take off an attacking player,to a team that had been creating fuck all.

You are saying we are defending now for the rest of the game.

really we should have just changed Jesus who was awful.

Carried on the way we were,

Happy we won,

But that was risky by Pep,left us hanging on in a game we had dominated for 80 + minutes

we badly need a striker even on loan.
We weren't hanging on.

An ugly win but that can be a dangerous game especially with an unpredictable ref. Dias immense motm by a mile.
A hard watch that as we created very little. Bernie was good but just ran around a lot of mazy dead ends. Feck all up front. Jesus stood amongst 4 big defenders so there must have been space somewhere...we never found it. Walker and Laporte must be leading the league pass back stakes.
An ugly win you say. An ideal preparation for Turf Moor then.

This was always going to be a low scoring game. They don’t concede lots of goals in one go.
We really MUST put away the chances.

Walker has proved he’s not as good as Cancelo. Gabby working hard and you can see he’s off his form. He’s got such great potential.
Idiot Townsend on Supersport said it was a close game.
Did the buffoon actually watch it??

I've got to say, I didn't think Sheffield United were terrible either. Dunno what they're like week in and week out, but they're by far the worst team we've played, I'm not sure what they're doing at the bottom. Some of their build up play was decent, and they worked hard in defence.

They had absolutely nothing upfront, it's easy to look good defensively when teams play a back 5 and everyone behind the ball. They basically had one chance which was a volley from outside the box. Even against United their winner felt like the slowest attack of all time, just a good job United's defenders are even slower!

Great win by us though, really happy we managed to rotate and grind out the result, hopefully stands us in good stead for the team getting through February.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.