Sheffield United (N) | FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Ha ha well said kid.

I remember a 2 semi finals at the theatre of bullyboys, childish and humourless twats One was mid 90's Liverpool vs Aston villa. Capacity was around 60,000 but there was less than 40,000 in attendance. I think at the time being 7 years after Hillsborough was given as a factor but in the early noughties Liverpool again at ttobcaht it was thousands under capacity.when we played at Villa Park in 81 what seemed like 2/3 was city which shows the demand (when we are starved) is there.Also the play off final in 99 if I remember correctly around 70,000 enquired after tickets.We got 34,000 with Gillingham getting the same but they sold theirs 4 per person though we did get an extra 3,000 later.

I remember a 2 semi finals at the theatre of bullyboys, childish and humourless twats One was mid 90's Liverpool vs Aston villa. Capacity was around 60,000 but there was less than 40,000 in attendance. I think at the time being 7 years after Hillsborough was given as a factor but in the early noughties Liverpool again at ttobcaht it was thousands under capacity.when we played at Villa Park in 81 what seemed like 2/3 was city which shows the demand (when we are starved) is there.Also the play off final in 99 if I remember correctly around 70,000 enquired after tickets.We got 34,000 with Gillingham getting the same but they sold theirs 4 per person though we did get an extra 3,000 later.

I'm sure our allocation was increased and we actually ended up getting about 46,000 for Gillingham and sold the lot. We wanted more as Gillingham's average attendance was between 10-12,000. The fa said no as having more fans would give us an unfair advantage. Gillingham sold all their allocation as well. The attendance was 76,935 and I'm sure it was a record for a third tier play off final. I know I was working on the ship when the tickets went on sale so I couldn't get one. I had a stressful few days before at the last minute Sue Wallace from the King of the Kippax fanzine got me one.

I'm sure our allocation was increased and we actually ended up getting about 46,000 for Gillingham and sold the lot. We wanted more as Gillingham's average attendance was between 10-12,000. The fa said no as having more fans would give us an unfair advantage. Gillingham sold all their allocation as well. The attendance was 76,935 and I'm sure it was a record for a third tier play off final. I know I was working on the ship when the tickets went on sale so I couldn't get one. I had a stressful few days before at the last minute Sue Wallace from the King of the Kippax fanzine got me one.
Yep more than half From half way line on presentation side right round to the penalty box on the other side plus people appearing from Gills end after the game Was a very good turnout.

Got to maine road to queue for My ticket at 6am, days before mobile phones. Said to the mrs ill be back for breako. !!! 7pm think i got home

Got to maine road to queue for My ticket at 6am, days before mobile phones. Said to the mrs ill be back for breako. !!! 7pm think i got home
Haha. Me too. The humour though - as usual - was incredible. As we queued, people had written messages on the wall such as

“Man landed on moon again”
“ tell my mum I loved her”

Etc etc

Typical ticket office fiasco. I know old Bernard was allowed some sort of revered status at the club but he presided over a shambles of an operation for decades.

I was extremely pissed off. I was on the ship working and couldn't queue up so no ticket for me. I phoned the ticket office countless times but just got the engaged tone. When I got home on Wednesday everything had gone. Thankfully Sue Wallace came through for me last minute.

According to the commentary at around 6.15 both sides sold around 18k each -

1682440903569.png

I was in block 523 and never seen so many people who didnt appear interested in the game. A lot of tourists but also a lot of people who just seemed to be there for a free day out. Weird
i was in 512 and surrounded by southerners , nothing wrong with that but hardly any of them were interested and loads left with about 20 minutes to go to beat rush....what the fuck! from down south but leaving early to get away at wembley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.